Location: Tacoma, WA
Garrette Custom Homes — a growing, Pacific NW homebuilder—seeks an Assistant Superintendent to coordinate area projects. This is a full-time position based in Tacoma, WA with local area travel to job sites in Tacoma and South Puget Sound.
Assistant Superintendents receive hands-on training while helping Site Superintendents meet building process goals. These include quality, timeline, and project budget goals. We are looking for team members who are energetic, results-oriented, resourceful, and organized. This position is open due to continued growth.
Garrette Custom Homes provides a competitive total compensation package for the Assistant Superintendent position with an hourly range of $23.00 – $30.00. This range includes base salary, bonuses, and quarterly profit sharing, subject to achieving targeted sales expectations and the terms of a written employment agreement. This position is considered a non-exempt role.
Garrette Custom Homes provides an extensive benefits package including:
- New Home Discount
- 120 hours of paid time off for the first year
- Company supported medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and families
- Participation in our 401(k)-retirement savings plan with company contributions
- Paid volunteer hours
- Seven paid holidays
An ideal candidate enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility.
Our Company culture is team-oriented, supportive, and customer-centered. PLH/GCH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized. To learn more, please see our website: www.GarretteCustomHomes.com
For additional information about our Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/7TdHuIO1GKg
Assistant Superintendent Responsibilities Include:
- Providing exceptional customer service including effective, timely
- Scheduling and coordinating subcontractors and
- Assisting with the building process on multiple residential job
- Providing direction to one or more PLH/GCH
- Maintaining clean, orderly and safe work
- Delivering a high quality product– on time and on
- Ability to work well with new home sales agents to deliver a great customer
- Working with municipal officials on building inspections and jurisdictional
- Ability to motivate subcontractors and suppliers while being professional and
- Ability to “think outside of the box”; creative in finding solutions and identifying best
Assistant Superintendent Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Applicable combination of education and work experience; college coursework is a
- One to two plus years’ experience in the residential construction industry is preferred but not
- Exceptional customer service and teamwork
- Effective verbal and written communication
- A confident, professional work
- Strong organizational and project management skills; must effectively handle multiple tasks with attention to
- Enthusiasm for new projects and learning
- Past use of MS Office programs –Word, Excel and
- Reliable vehicle and willingness to drive to the Tacoma Metro and Puget Sound area job sites; vehicle allowance is provided.
- Lifting up to 50 is an essential function.
- Experience working outdoors in all types of
- Interest in professional growth and development in the residential construction
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed Career History Form (Online Application) found at the following link: https://pacificlifestylehomes.topgradingonline.com/job_openings/assistant-superintendent-residential-construction-33523?utm_campaign=direct_links&utm_medium=job-boards&utm_source=
- Upload your résumé.
Reference check, background check, Motor Vehicle Report, HPE/lift test of up to 50 lbs. and a pre-employment drug screen are steps in our hiring process.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our hiring process facilitator at: GCHAstSuper@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.