Location: Tacoma, WA
Garrette Custom Homes — a growing Pacific NW regional homebuilder– seeks a skilled, professional Assistant Site Superintendent/Builder. Located in Tacoma, WA, this position is responsible for effectively managing the building process to meet quality, timeline and cost requirements. We are looking for a team member who is energetic, results-oriented, resourceful and organized. This opportunity is available due to continued growth.
We offer a competitive compensation package including benefits; this position is eligible for profit sharing.
An ideal candidate enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility.
Our Company culture is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered. GCH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized.
Please see our website for additional details: www.gchpugetsound.com
For more information about our Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/2sNbXsz8D8c
Assistant Superintendent Responsibilities Include:
- Exceptional customer service including effective, timely communication
- Assisting with the scheduling and managing a variety of residential subcontractors and suppliers
- Working with a Superintendent to obtain and review subcontractor estimates
- Learning to evaluate building sites for utility and development costs
- Ensuring material quality control
- Maintaining clean, orderly and safe work sites
- Coordinating finished home process with guidance from a Superintendent
- Working with municipal officials on building inspections and jurisdictional requirements in conjunction with a Superintendent
- Travel to various jobs sites within Pierce/South King Counties; vehicle allowance provided
- Delivering a high quality product– on time and on budget
- Ability to work well with new home sales agents to deliver a great customer experience
Assistant Superintendent Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associates degree or
applicablecombination of education and work experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three plus years’ experience in the residential construction industry; production building experience is preferred
- Exceptional customer service and teamwork skills
- Effective verbal and written communication abilities
- A confident, professional work style
- Strong organizational and project management skills; must effectively handle multiple tasks with attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for new projects and learning opportunities; accepting of coaching and feedback
- Experience with MS Office programs –Word, Excel and Outlook
- Previous job costing experience is preferred
- Rural lot development experience is a plus
Reference check, background check and a pre-employment drug screen are steps in our hiring process.
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed Career History Form (Application) found at the following link: https://ts.tgsnapshot.com/signup.cfm?DL=2515
Please note—to be considered, the Career History Form must be completed.
- Upload your résumé and cover letter.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our recruiter at: AssistantSPT@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.