Location: Vancouver, WA
Pacific Lifestyle Homes, a growing Pacific Northwest homebuilder is looking for an Intern to work with our Drafting team in Vancouver, WA.
PLH offers a paid internship with an opportunity to gain hands-on drafting experience in the residential construction industry. Our offices are located in beautiful Vancouver, WA close to I-205. This is a part-time position averaging 20 hours per week. We are open to discussing mutually beneficial flexible work arrangements as applicable.
An ideal candidate enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility. Our Company culture is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered. PLH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized.
To learn more, please see our website: www.pacificlifestylehomes.com
For additional information about PLH’s Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link:
What are some of the benefits of a PLH Internship?
- Obtain hands-on job experience
- Gain additional drafting skills and knowledge
- Develop and fine-tune your career interests and goals
- Obtain residential construction industry knowledge and insight
- Receive training and performance feedback from industry professionals
- Add real-world work experience to your résumé
- Gain industry connections and possible future employment references
- Participate in projects that are fast-paced and goal-focused
- Work in a fun, team-oriented environment!
What will you be doing?
Architectural Plan Design
Using AutoCAD to update new home plans
Learning about the permitting process by working with PLH employees and city/county staff
Providing support to onsite builders and other team members
Developing time sensitive details and drawings as requested
Creating, organizing and cataloging work for computer access
Incorporating engineering details into plan documents
Researching and finding plats or surveys; learning about the local Geographic Information System (GIS)
Recreating new home lot lines
Developing options for house placement and orientation
Generating site layout options
Becoming familiar with and following OR and WA permitting procedures
What skills can you bring to the PLH Drafting team?
- One year or more of college drafting coursework. Those who have recently graduated with a 2 or 4 year degree are also encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge and prior use of AutoCAD.
- Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Reading and interpreting plans/blueprints.
- Strong math skills.
- Previous experience in the construction industry (including hands on work—EX: framing) is helpful but not required.
- Reliable, responsive and organized with the ability to meet project deadlines.
- A desire to learn, grow and contribute.
- Enjoys working on a team that accomplishes goals and deadlines while having fun!
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please e-mail the following to our recruiter at: DrafterIntern@TJandassociates.com
- Cover letter indicating what you would like to contribute and gain from your PLH Internship experience
Reference check, background check and a pre-employment drug screen may be required as part of our hiring process.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.