Location: Vancouver, WA
PLS Engineering is looking for the next great addition to our team! PLS is a well-respected, innovative and growing Civil Engineering/Land Use firm located in beautiful downtown Vancouver, WA. We pride ourselves on working collaboratively to provide our clients with the highest quality of service. Our work environment is fast-paced, client-focused and fun!
PLS Civil Engineers contribute their talents to the planning, design and completion of a variety of land development and storm water projects. PLS Engineering specializes in land development for public agencies and private developers. If you are an experienced, licensed Civil Engineer who is interested in growing your career with an innovative, Pacific Northwest-based firm we would like to hear from you!
What can PLS Engineering offer you?
- A competitive compensation package.
- Benefits including matching 401(k), employee medical, dental and vision (100% employer paid option for employees and dependents).
- PTO and paid holidays; work/life balance is a priority.
- State-of-the-art technology, systems, tools and resources.
- Continuing education is encouraged and supported.
- Career growth opportunities.
- A fantastic office and location! Our office is centrally located in downtown Vancouver, WA—a short walk to restaurants, parks, coffee shops and trails.
- Work that is fast-paced and goal-oriented.
- A dynamic team that is supportive, friendly and fun. (We host BBQs, team lunches and other activities throughout the year!).
- A Company culture of giving back to the community.
What skills and experience can you bring to the PLS team?
- 0 – 4+ years Civil Engineering experience in site development design.
- BS in Civil Engineering is required.
- Washington Civil Engineer’s license or EIT preferred; additional OR license is a plus.
- Knowledge of local (Southwest, WA) codes and agency standards.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and detail-oriented.
- Effective written and oral communication skills including proposal and report writing.
- Experience tabulating bid items, calculating construction bid quantities and developing cost estimates.
- Personal responsibility for completing quality work within budgets and timelines.
- Proven ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Responsiveness and flexibility; you adapt easily to changing priorities.
- Familiarity with Civil 3D is a plus.
- MS Office experience including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Comfortable networking with clients and colleagues to develop and maintain professional relationships.
Who is PLS Engineering?
PLS is a rapidly growing SW Washington-based Civil Engineering/Land Use firm. We offer civil engineering, land surveying and site planning services that best meet our valued clients’ needs. We invite you to learn more about PLS Engineering by visiting: plsengineering.com
What is it like to work at PLS?
We believe in:
- Honesty and Transparency- We are open, trustworthy and truthful.
- Excellence- Our work is our art; we take pride in the quality of work provided to our clients every day.
- Client-Centered- We never forget that client satisfaction is our goal.
- Rolling Up Our Sleeves- Lending a hand, hard work and doing what it takes to get the job done.
- Continuous Improvement and Professional Development- Learning, improving, innovating and sharing knowledge.
- Creativity- Thinking “outside of the box” to deliver winning solutions.
- Community Service- Enthusiastic contributors within our community including: Clark County Food Bank, Rotary, Little League, local college scholarships, SW WA Contractors Association auctions and events.
For consideration, please e-mail your résumé to our hiring process facilitator: CENG@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.