Location: Tacoma, WA
Garrette Custom Homes- Puget Sound— a growing regional homebuilder– seeks an experienced, skilled Construction Manager. We are looking for a residential construction professional with effective leadership skills who is knowledgeable, personable and reliable.
This is a full-time position based in Tacoma, WA; the GCH-PS Construction Manager reports directly to the Company President. Garrette Custom Homes builds a range of housing plans under two brands from neighborhood lots to acreage estates. GCH is building in Thurston, Pierce, Kitsap and King Counties. Our Company has bold plans to expand the Puget Sound operation.
We offer a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k) retirement savings benefits. This position is also eligible for bonus opportunities and profit sharing.
An ideal candidate enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility. Our Company culture is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered.
GCH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized. Please see our website for additional information: www.gchpugetsound.com
For more details about our Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/2sNbXsz8D8c
Construction Manager Responsibilities include:
- Leads the homebuilding team including superintendents, general laborers, and customer service/warranty.
- Ensures timely delivery of approximately 100 high quality homes annually in community and scattered lot settings.
- Works with Purchasing team to meet schedule, quality and variance goals.
- Provides leadership to customer/service/warranty function to ensure customer satisfaction including effective customer interactions, timely answers to questions, and sustaining Company Quality Control and Warranty Programs.
- Eliminates variances and ensures accurate communication by working across all departments.
- Develops and cultivates positive working relationships with various stakeholders including: direct reports, internal cross-functional teams, customers and vendors.
- Positively contributes to strategic planning/organizational goals.
- Identifies methods for increased
- Local travel required to various job sites within Puget Sound.
Construction Manager Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, construction or other applicable field with 4-5+ years of residential construction and leadership experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Positive contributor to the team culture; exceptional customer service and leadership abilities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional with a positive, approachable and confident
- Takes initiative to effectively resolve problems in a proactive, timely manner; identifies win-win solutions.
- Strong organizational and project management skills in a deadline driven environment; must effectively handle multiple priorities in a calm, professional manner with attention to detail.
- Capable in use of MS Office programs –Word, Excel and Outlook. Prior use of building scheduling software is a plus.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Open to coaching and continuous improvement.
- Enthusiasm for new projects and learning opportunities.
A reference check, background check and pre-employment drug screen are steps in our hiring process.
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed Career History Form (Online Application) found at the following link: https://pacificlifestylehomes.topgradingonline.com/job_openings/construction-manager-gch-ps?utm_campaign=direct_links&utm_medium=job-boards&utm_source=construction-manager-4-20-21
NOTE: A complete Career History Form is needed for consideration.
- Upload your résumé and a cover letter.
If you have any questions about the application process, inquire via email with our hiring process facilitator at: CMGCH@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.