Location: Vancouver, WA
Pacific Lifestyle Homes— a growing Pacific NW homebuilder located in beautiful Vancouver, WA seeks an experienced, professional Design Manager. This is a working management position involving construction site improvements, project management, oversight of permitting and inspection processes and designing/updating home and site plans.
The Design Manager also supervises 2-3 direct reports including a Drafter and Permit Coordinator. The position holder works collaboratively with a variety of internal customers to share information, verify plans and renderings and identify areas for continuous improvement. This is a full-time position with a competitive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision and retirement savings benefits. This position is also eligible for profit sharing.
An ideal candidate enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility. Our work environment is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered. PLH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized. To learn more, please see our website: www.pacificlifestylehomes.com
For additional information about PLH’s Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/2sNbXsz8D8c
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associates degree in design/drafting or equivalent with applicable work experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5-8 years of increasingly responsible drafting experience
- Residential construction industry experience in a production building environment is critical for this role.
- Demonstrated leadership skills; experience coaching and inspiring direct reports
- Previous experience working with building departments; knowledge of residential construction permitting process
- Knowledge of building codes, land use, storm water and land development
- Responsible with strong work ethic, integrity, and reliability
- Professional interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Positive contributor to team culture
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task effectively; proven accuracy and follow through
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Proficiency using AutoCAD or other design software; BuildPro construction management software is a plus
- Cheerfully and adeptly handles interruptions and competing priorities; adapts based upon organizational needs
- Demonstrates initiative and problem solving skills with a positive “can-do” approach
This is a regular full-time position. Reference check, background check and a pre-employment drug screen are steps in the hiring process.
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed Career History Form (Online Application) found at the following link:
Note—for consideration, please submit a Career History Form.
- Upload your résumé and cover letter.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our recruiter at: DM@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.