Location: Vancouver, WA
FISH (Friends in Service to Humanity) of Vancouver is seeking a Development and Marketing/Communications Manager (D&MC Manager) to utilize their creative, organizational, and administrative skills in support of agency development, marketing and communication initiatives. A successful D&MC Manager will work closely with organizational leadership and our community while modeling FISH core strengths and values.
This is a full time, non-exempt position reporting to the Executive Director. The D&MC Manager position is open due to continued growth.
Who is FISH?
Founded in 1969, FISH of Vancouver is a well-established food pantry located in downtown Vancouver, WA. The FISH organization assists our community by directly serving clients with nutritious foods, sundries, and warmth items while providing resource connections and support. Serving thousands of people each year, FISH is a nonprofit organization operated by professional staff and dedicated volunteers.
FISH of Vancouver’s purpose lives in its mission statement: Driven by compassion, dignity, and respect, and empowered by committed staff and volunteers, we are a nonprofit organization that provides nutritious food for community members in need. To learn more about FISH, you are invited to visit our website: www.fishvancouver.org
What could FISH offer you?
At FISH, our culture encourages teamwork, growth, safety, efficiency and continuous improvement. We enjoy a casual but professional, friendly and fast-paced work environment.
FISH also offers:
- A competitive compensation package with an annual salary range of $42,813 – $62,026 depending upon experience.
- Medical and vision insurance.
- Retirement savings plan with up to 3% employer match.
- Two weeks of vacation accrued annually.
- Seven paid holidays and one paid floating holiday.
- Employee Training Program and continuing education opportunities.
- General work hours are M-F 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM. Schedule fluctuates based upon organizational needs; some Saturday and evening work possible.
- A convenient location in downtown Vancouver, WA.
- Work that is fast-paced and goal-oriented.
- A dynamic team that is supportive, friendly and fun.
- A collaborative, mission-focused organizational culture.
- An opportunity to make a difference in our community!
Development and Marketing/Communications Manager Essential Responsibilities:
- Exemplify FISH of Vancouver’s mission and core values.
- Manage and maintain donor database (Bloomerang).
- Create and edit reports and communication materials to support FISH’s leadership, development and volunteer activities and events.
- Support donor relations activities including donor communication (direct mailings, e-blasts, gift acknowledgement, etc.).
- Provide administrative and logistical assistance for projects including fundraising campaigns, events, grant reports and newsletters.
- Maintain and update FISH’s digital presence including our website and social media platforms.
- In the spirit of teamwork, other projects as assigned including work in the food pantry.
What Knowledge, Skills and Experience could you bring to the FISH team?
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and professional experience in marketing, business, administrative services or other related field.
- 1-3+ years’ work experience in a development, marketing, public relations and/or communications role.
- Prior work with a community-based nonprofit organization is strongly preferred. A passion for working with clients in need is a must!
- Ability to develop and cultivate positive working relationships with team members, donors and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to interact warmly and positively with clients from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills including a creative, engaging and professional writing style.
- Organized with exceptional follow through; identifies solutions in a calm, effective manner.
- Professional and confident with a strong work ethic, integrity and reliability.
- Cheerfully and adeptly handles interruptions/competing priorities; flexible and adaptive based on organizational needs.
- Proficient using MS Office programs including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Past use of donor management software or CRM program(s).
- Experience researching and tracking grants.
- A valid driver license is required.
For consideration, please email your resume and cover letter to our hiring process facilitator: FISH@TJandassociates.com
- Résumé including work history (months and years)
- A cover letter that discusses the following:
- What causes you to be interested in the FISH of Vancouver Development and Marketing/Communications Manager role?
- Please describe any nonprofit work or volunteer experience.
Reference and background checks are potential future steps in the interview process.
The D&MC Manager position is available immediately and will remain open until filled.
At FISH of Vancouver, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic. Our organization is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.