Location: Vancouver, WA
The Police Activities League of SW Washington (PAL of SWWA) seeks an experienced, engaging and creative Development professional to join our growing team.
The Director of Development works closely with the PAL Executive Director and Board of Directors to create a sustainable revenue model that maximizes our services in SW WA. The successful efforts of the Director of Development will directly impact PAL’s ability to fulfill our mission: to build positive relationships between law enforcement and youth through community-based educational and recreational programs. PAL empowers young people to make life enriching choices resulting in decreased local juvenile crime rates.
This is a full-time, exempt position reporting directly to the Executive Director. This position is located in Vancouver, WA.
PAL Director of Development Core Responsibilities:
The Director of Development will broaden, deepen, and strengthen PAL of SWWA’s base of support to maximize our service to the community. The position holder will identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major donors and sponsors from individual, corporate, foundation and government sources. The Director of Development also identifies and manages grants and other funding opportunities.
Responsibilities for this role also include annual planning, managing fundraising events, conducting annual giving campaign(s), supporting the organization’s diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility initiatives and utilizing our donor database.
To learn more about PAL of SWWA, we invite you to visit our website: https://palofswwa.org/
What could PAL offer you?
- A competitive compensation package with an annual salary in the range of $60,000-$70,000 depending upon experience.
- Three weeks of PTO accrued annually.
- 11 paid holidays.
- Tuition assistance.
- Simple IRA retirement savings plan; up to 3% employer match.
- Health insurance reimbursement plan.
- Typical work schedule is M-F 8 AM – 5 PM; evening and weekend work as needed to participate in fundraising, networking and other events. We offer mutually beneficial scheduling flexibility.
- A convenient office location in Vancouver, WA.
- Work that is fast-paced and goal-oriented.
- A dynamic team that is supportive, friendly and fun.
- A collaborative, mission-focused organizational culture.
- An opportunity to make a difference in our community!
What skills and experience could you bring to the PAL team?
- Two+ years of nonprofit development experience to include achievement of fundraising goals, organizational representation and relationship building.
- Applicable four-year degree or equivalent combination of education and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- You champion a positive, inclusive, diverse and equitable work environment.
- Inspiring, energetic, creative and mission focused.
- Professional and confident with a strong work ethic, integrity and reliability.
- Demonstrated ability to network and reach out to diverse community members and colleagues to develop and maintain positive, professional relationships.
- Cheerful and adept at handling competing priorities; flexible and adaptive to organizational needs.
- Familiarity with Windows-based computer applications and MS Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Familiarity with Google Drive.
- Prior experience updating and managing a donor database.
- You are available to work occasional evenings and weekends to support PAL activities and events.
- You have the ability to pass an in-depth, police background check conducted by the Vancouver Police Department.
For consideration, please submit an application for the position through the PAL of SWWA website using the following link: https://palofswwa.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=22
Upload the following:
- Résumé including work history (months and years)
- A cover letter sharing how you would support PAL’s mission. Please also provide a nonprofit development summary—in particular, your fundraising goals and achievements in past role(s).
Reference and background checks are conducted with finalist candidate(s) as part of our interview process. The Director of Development position is available immediately and will remain open until filled.
The Police Activities League of SW Washington is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic. Our organization is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.