Location: Vancouver, WA
Pacific Lifestyle Homes — a growing Pacific NW homebuilder– seeks an experienced, professional Director of Purchasing. Located in beautiful Vancouver, WA (approximately 30 minutes from Portland, OR) this position is instrumental in building positive, productive business relationships with exceptional trade partners, negotiating contracts and leading our talented Purchasing team.
This is a full-time opportunity with a competitive compensation package including medical, dental and vision benefits. We also offer a 401k retirement savings plan and profit sharing opportunities.
We are seeking a candidate who enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility. Our Company culture is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered. PLH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized.
To learn more, please see our website: www.pacificlifestylehomes.com
For additional information about PLH’s Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/2sNbXsz8D8c
- Manages Purchasing team including up to six direct reports
- Provides oversight and support to other divisions as needed, including regular visits to Tacoma, WA
- Proactively recruits and selects qualified, competitively priced subcontractors and suppliers
- Negotiates and administers business contracts
- Accurately estimates construction costs
- Provides budgets for all homes/subdivisions
- Maintains purchase order and pricing database
- Updates scopes of work for trade contractor agreements
- Seeks opportunities to control costs while maintaining high quality standards
- Works with design and construction personnel to value engineer new and existing plan sets
- Monitors design and product trends
- Contributes to achievement of Company strategic goals
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5-7 years’ work experience in purchasing or contract management field in the residential construction industry
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics or related field or Associate’s degree with equivalent experience
- Ability to negotiate and find timely, winning solutions
- Knowledge of home construction building process including methods, materials, contracts
- Knowledge of construction trades
- Strong analytical abilities; logical decision making skills
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task effectively; exceptional accuracy and follow through
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentations
- Responsible with strong work ethic, integrity, and reliability
- Initiative and creative problem solving skills
- Professional, approachable and team-oriented
- Handles multiple priorities effectively
- Proficient in use of computer software to include Word, Excel, Outlook and database management
Reference check, background check and a pre-employment drug screen are steps in our hiring process.
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed Career History Form (Online Application) found at the following link: https://pacificlifestylehomes.topgradingonline.com/job_openings/director-of-purchasing-vancouver?utm_campaign=direct_links&utm_medium=job-boards&utm_source=director-of-purchasing-11-5-20
**Please note—to be considered, a Career History Form is needed. **
- Upload your résumé and cover letter.
Successful completion of a reference check, pre-employment drug test and background check are steps in our hiring process.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our recruiter at: DP@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.