Location: Vancouver, WA
Pacific Lifestyle Homes, a growing Pacific NW homebuilder, seeks an experienced full-time Drafting professional. We are looking for a team member who is detailed, resourceful, knowledgeable and enjoys a busy work environment.
Pacific Lifestyle Homes provides a competitive total compensation package for the Drafter position with an hourly range of $26.50 – $35.00 depending upon experience. This range includes base salary and quarterly profit sharing, subject to achieving targeted sales expectations and the terms of a written employment agreement. This position is considered a non-exempt role.
Pacific Lifestyle Homes provides an extensive benefits package including:
- New Home Discount
- 120 hours of paid time off for the first year
- Company supported medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and families
- Participation in our 401(k)-retirement savings plan with Company contributions
- Paid volunteer hours
- Seven paid holidays
Our offices are located in Vancouver, WA close to I-205. General work schedule is: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. A mutually beneficial flexible/hybrid schedule is possible after training is complete.
An ideal candidate enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility.
Our work environment is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered. PLH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized. To learn more, please see our website: www.pacificlifestylehomes.com
For additional information about PLH’s Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/Hud-5EsJ2fw
Drafter Responsibilities Include:
- Researching and finding plats or surveys; familiar with local GIS
- Recreating lot lines
- Developing options for house placement and orientation
- Ensuring agency submittals are complete and accurate
- Generating site layout options
- Following OR and WA permitting procedures
- Creating lot-specific drawings based upon selected options
- Modifying existing plan documents
- Expediting the permitting process by working with city/county staff
- Providing support to onsite builders; developing time sensitive details and drawings as requested
- Creating, organizing and cataloging work for computer access
- Incorporating engineering details into plan documents
Drafter- Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associates degree with 5+ years of applicable drafting experience or equivalent combination of education and experience; Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Residential construction or home remodeling drafting experience is required.
- Customer service skills; ability to establish rapport.
- Advanced verbal and written communication abilities.
- Professional demeanor; ability to work with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills; must effectively handle multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Familiarity with building codes and permitting standards in WA and OR is preferred.
- Experience with MS Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to conduct internet research; familiar with local GIS.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD is required; Revit experience is also desirable.
- Enthusiasm for new projects and learning opportunities.
- Previous hands-on construction experience (EX: framing) is helpful but not required.
Reference check, background check and a pre-employment drug screen are steps in our hiring process.
This is a safety sensitive position subject to pre-employment drug testing, including THC. Regular driving and/or operating equipment on, at, or near an active construction site is required.
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed Career History Form (Application) found at the following link:
- Upload your résumé.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our hiring process facilitator: PLHDrafter@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.