Location: Vancouver, WA or Tacoma, WA
Pacific Lifestyle Homes— a growing Pacific NW homebuilder based in Vancouver, WA seeks an experienced Drafting professional. We are looking for a team member who is detailed, resourceful, knowledgeable and enjoys a busy work environment.
Work location is flexible with in-office options in Vancouver, WA or Tacoma, WA. General work schedule is: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM Pacific Time. Some flexibility is available.
This is a full-time role with a competitive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision and retirement savings benefits. This position is also eligible for profit sharing.
An ideal candidate enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility.
Our work environment is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered. PLH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized. To learn more, please see our website: www.pacificlifestylehomes.com
For additional information about PLH’s Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/2sNbXsz8D8c
Drafter Responsibilities Include:
- Researching and finding plats or surveys; familiar with local GIS
- Recreating lot lines
- Developing options for house placement and orientation
- Ensuring agency submittals are complete and accurate
- Generating site layout options
- Following OR and WA permitting procedures
- Creating lot-specific drawings based upon selected options
- Modifying existing plan documents
- Expediting the permitting process by working with city/county staff
- Providing support to onsite builders; developing time sensitive details and drawings as requested
- Creating, organizing and cataloging work for computer access
- Incorporating engineering details into plan documents
Drafter- Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associates degree with 5+ years of applicable drafting experience or equivalent combination of education and experience; Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Residential construction or home remodeling drafting experience is required.
- Customer service skills; ability to establish rapport.
- Advanced verbal and written communication abilities.
- Professional demeanor; ability to work with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills; must effectively handle multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Familiarity with building codes and permitting standards in WA and OR is preferred.
- Experience with MS Office programs –Word, Excel and Outlook and conducting internet research.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD; Revit experience is desirable.
- Enthusiasm for new projects and learning opportunities.
- Previous hands-on construction experience (EX: framing) is helpful but not required.
This is a regular full-time position with Pacific Lifestyle Homes. Reference check, background check and a pre-employment drug screen are steps in the hiring process.
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed Career History Form* (Application) found at the following link: https://pacificlifestylehomes.topgradingonline.com/job_openings/drafter-residential-construction-vancouver-washington?utm_campaign=direct_links&utm_medium=job-boards&utm_source=
Note—for consideration, please submit a Career History Form.
- Upload your résumé and cover letter.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our hiring process facilitator at: PLHDrafter@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer