Location: Vancouver, WA
Pacific Lifestyle Homes— a growing Pacific NW homebuilder located in beautiful Vancouver, WA seeks an experienced Drafting professional. We are looking for a team member who is detailed, resourceful, knowledgeable and enjoys a busy work environment. This position is open due to continued growth. A remote work arrangement is an option as needed.
This is a full-time role with a competitive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision and retirement savings benefits. This position is also eligible for profit sharing.
An ideal candidate enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility.
Our work environment is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered. PLH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized. To learn more, please see our website: www.pacificlifestylehomes.com
For additional information about PLH’s Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/2sNbXsz8D8c
Drafter Responsibilities Include:
- Researching and finding plats or surveys; familiar with local GIS
- Recreating lot lines
- Developing options for house placement and orientation
- Ensuring agency submittals are complete and accurate
- Generating site layout options
- Following OR and WA permitting procedures
- Modifying existing plan documents
- Expediting the permitting process by working with city/county staff
- Providing support to onsite builders; developing time sensitive details and drawings as requested
- Creating, organizing and cataloging work for computer access
- Incorporating engineering details into plan documents
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associates degree with 1-3+ years of applicable drafting experience or equivalent combination of education and experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Residential construction industry drafting experience (production building environment) is necessary.
- Customer service skills; ability to establish rapport
- Advanced verbal and written communication abilities
- Professional demeanor; ability to work with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills; must effectively handle multiple tasks with attention to detail
- Familiar with building codes and permitting standards in WA and OR
- Experience with MS Office programs –Word, Excel and Outlook and conducting internet research
- Proficiency with AutoCAD
- Enthusiasm for new projects and learning opportunities
- Previous experience in construction field (including hands-on work—EX: framing) is strongly preferred.
This is a regular full-time position. Reference check, background check and a pre-employment drug screen are steps in the hiring process.
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed Career History Form* (Application) found at the following link:
Note—for consideration, please submit a Career History Form.
- Upload your résumé and cover letter.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our recruiter at: PLHDrafter@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer