The Ovarian Cancer Alliance of Oregon & Southwest Washington seeks an Executive Director to provide leadership as we fulfill our mission: to educate, empower and support those affected by ovarian cancer. For more information, please go to our website: http://www.ovariancancerosw.org/
The Executive Director is responsible for managing the overall operation of OCAOSW including: program planning, budgeting, fundraising, overseeing volunteers and fostering strong relationships with partners, stakeholders and the overall community.
This is a remote position providing an opportunity to work from a home office (Portland Area or Southwest WA) with flexible scheduling options. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors. We offer a competitive compensation package including a health care stipend. Annual salary range depending on experience is: $65, 000-$72,000
Essential Responsibilities for the Executive Director include:
Programs & Community Engagement
- Work with board on the organization plan, including developing measurable goals and objectives.
- Plan and implement programs and activities to carry out the organization plan, measuring results and reporting to the board regularly.
- Build OCAOSW’s visibility and presence in the community, developing strategic partnerships which support those affected by ovarian cancer.
- Build volunteer corps to assist with events and education programs.
Operations and Management
- Manage OCAOSW’s overall operations in accordance with the guidelines and policies established by the Board.
- Provide support to the Board.
- Oversee web, graphic design and other services as hired by OCAOSW.
- Manage OCAOSW’s internal and external communications, including the OCAOSW website, social media and other modes of communication.
Finances and Fundraising
- Manage fundraising activities and events.
- Foster, develop, and manage relationships with donors, potential donors, and community partners to increase financial support and involvement.
- Manage the financial systems of the organization, including budgeting, financial reporting and appropriate internal controls.
- Create annual fundraising plan.
- Appropriately recognize and thank OCAOSW donors.
- Pursue grant opportunities, writing and submitting grant applications.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Desired:
- Passion for the mission of OCAOSW.
- Three or more years of leadership experience in a nonprofit organization including supervision of volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the following functions: nonprofit operations, strategic planning, budget development and volunteer team growth; fundraising and event planning familiarity are a plus.
- Ability to easily establish rapport while cultivating positive working relationships with volunteers, donors, board members, those we serve and other stakeholders.
- Ability to comprehend and analyze financial and program reports.
- Organized with exceptional follow-through.
- Professional and confident with a strong work ethic, integrity and reliability.
- Cheerful and adept at handling multiple priorities; flexible and adaptive based upon organizational needs.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; grant writing experience is a plus.
- Ability to operate effectively in a small non-profit with limited staff resources.
- Familiarity with MS Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; past use of social media applications for communication and development is beneficial.
The Executive Director is a full-time salaried/exempt position. Work expectations are 40 hours per week with a very flexible schedule. Attendance at some evening and weekend events is anticipated.
For consideration, please email a complete packet to our recruiting partner at: OCAOSW@TJandassociates.com
- Résumé including work history (months and years).
- A cover letter that discusses each of the following:
- What does the mission of OCAOSW mean to you?
- Please summarize past leadership and/or work experience in a nonprofit organization–including work with volunteers.
- As applicable, how would past employees describe your leadership style?
- Compensation goals
Reference and background checks are conducted with finalist candidate(s) as part of our interview process. The Executive Director position is available immediately and will remain open until filled.