Location: Portland, OR
Garrette Custom Homes— a growing regional homebuilder– seeks a General Laborer to maintain cleanliness and complete minor repairs at residential construction job sites. This is a full-time, entry-level position based in Vancouver, WA– but also covers Portland Metro Area job sites within approximately a 50-mile radius of Portland.
We offer a competitive compensation package including benefits; this position is eligible for profit sharing. Opportunities for advancement in the construction field may become available for strong performers.
If you enjoy working outdoors, contributing to Company goals and participating in our team culture, we would like to hear from you. Garrette Custom Homes and Pacific Lifestyle Homes’ core values include: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility. GCH and PLH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized. To learn more, please see our websites: www.pacificlifestylehomes.com and www.garrettecustomhomes.com
For additional information about GCH/PLH’s Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/7TdHuIO1GKg
General Laborer Responsibilities include:
- Day travel to job sites in Portland Metro and/or Vancouver, WA within approximately a 50-mile radius of Portland Maintain erosion control logs.
- Clean and pressure wash in preparation for New Home Orientations.
- Complete minor touch-ups as requested to include paint touch-ups, caulking, fixtures, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness of job site.
- Install and maintain Erosion control measures.
- Ensure adequate inventory of necessary materials including silt fences, straw bales, bio-bags, etc.
- Assist Site Superintendents as requested; this may include assessment of work progress and attending municipal inspection meetings.
General Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 1-2 years’ work experience in general labor or similar field to include pressure washing, site maintenance, basic repairs; residential construction/remodeling background is preferred but not required.
- High school diploma or equivalent with applicable work experience.
- Have or be willing to obtain Certified Erosion and Sediment Control Lead (CESCL) license; fees reimbursed.
- Reliable vehicle capable of hauling tools and supplies; vehicle allowance provided.
- Ability to regularly and safely use a pressure washer; regular lifting up to 50 lbs. is an essential function.
- Knowledge of basic home repairs is a plus.
- Responsible with strong work ethic, integrity and reliability.
- Initiative and creative problem-solving skills.
- Positive and enthusiastic with a “can do” approach.
- Available to work overtime as needed (generally 2-5 hours per week).
- Experience working outdoors in all types of weather.
- Interest in professional growth and development in the residential construction field.
A reference check, background check and pre-employment drug screen are steps in our hiring process.
For consideration, please forward:
1.) A completed Career History Form (Application) found at the following link:
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our recruiter by sending an email to: GL@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.