Location: Tacoma, WA
Garrette Custom Homes— a growing regional homebuilder– seeks a General Laborer to maintain effective erosion control measures and cleanliness at residential construction job sites. This is a full-time position based in Tacoma, WA primarily covering South Puget Sound projects ranging from Maple Valley to Silverdale.
We offer a competitive compensation package including benefits; this position is eligible for profit sharing. Opportunities for advancement in the construction field may become available for strong performers.
If you enjoy working outdoors, contributing to Company goals and participating in our team culture, we would like to hear from you. GCH core values include: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility. GCH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized.
To learn more, please see our website: www.garrettecustomhomes.com
For additional information about GCH’s Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/2sNbXsz8D8c
- Day travel to job sites in South Puget Sound (South of I-90)
- Install and maintain Erosion Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Maintain erosion control logs for each community
- Clean and pressure wash in preparation for New Home Orientations
- Complete minor touch-ups as requested to include paint touch-ups, caulking, fixtures, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness of job site
- Ensure adequate inventory of necessary materials including silt fences, straw bales, bio-bags, etc.
- Assist the Site Superintendent as requested
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 1-2 years’ work experience in erosion control, pressure washing, general labor or similar field; residential construction/remodeling background is preferred but not required
- High school diploma or equivalent with applicable work experience
- Have or be willing to obtain Certified Erosion and Sediment Control Lead (CESCL) license; fees reimbursed
- Reliable vehicle capable of hauling tools and supplies; vehicle allowance provided
- Ability to regularly and safely use a pressure washer; regular lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of basic home repairs is a plus
- Responsible with strong work ethic, integrity and reliability
- Initiative and creative problem solving skills
- Positive and enthusiastic with a “can do” approach
- Interested in professional growth and development
A reference check, background check and pre-employment drug screen are steps in our hiring process.
For consideration, please forward:
1) *A completed Career History Form (Application) found at the following link:
2) Upload your résumé and cover letter.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire with our recruiter by sending an email to: GCHGL@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.