Location: Vancouver, WA
Nutter Corporation is looking for the next great addition to our team! We are a leading northwest heavy civil contractor doing business in Oregon and Washington. From the ground down, we are under everything you do. Roads, utilities, retail sites, parks, home sites. You never see our best work. But it’s there, helping make everything you do a little bit better.
We put into practice our philosophy of delivering a final product that exceeds expectations to our partners in the construction community. At Nutter, we help our clients achieve their projects on time and on budget. Our work environment is client-centered, fast-paced and friendly!
Based out of our main office in Vancouver, WA, the HR Assistant provides support to several key HR functional areas including: hiring process, new employee orientation, benefits, employee recordkeeping, payroll backup, policy development and administrative projects. Timely and efficient internal customer service is critical to create a positive and productive employee experience. If you are an HR professional who enjoys a position with variety and is interested in career growth in the HR field, we would like to hear from you!
What can Nutter Corporation offer you?
- A competitive compensation package.
- Benefits include 401(k) with match, employee medical, (100% employer paid option), optional dental, vision, life, voluntary life and dependent life.
- PTO and paid holidays; work that fits your life.
- Training is encouraged and supported.
- Career growth opportunities.
- Work that is fast-paced and goal-oriented.
- A team that is supportive, friendly and fun.
- A Company dedicated to community service.
What skills and experience can you bring to the Nutter team?
- Human Resources or related work experience. College coursework and/or applicable degree program is desirable but not required.
- 1-2+ years of human resources or general business experience. This may include internships.
- HR Certification is a plus but is not required (PHR, SHRM-CP, etc.).
- Ability to support Company HR function in a professional, conscientious manner.
- Knowledge of employment laws (Federal and WA state).
- Understands and anticipates employee and manager needs.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Fosters and maintains trust at all levels of the organization.
- Past experience in a team culture.
- Payroll processing familiarity is strongly preferred.
- Capable in use of computer software including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience providing administrative support including filing, scanning, copying, etc.
- Capable in organizing, prioritizing and coordinating workload to maximize accuracy while meeting deadlines.
- Contributes ideas for process improvements; demonstrates initiative.
- Cheerfully and calmly handles interruptions and competing priorities; flexible; adapts well to changing needs.
- Enthusiastic and results-oriented; eager to take on new challenges.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to be insured on the Company’s automobile insurance policy.
Who is the Nutter Corporation?
Nutter is a leading northwest heavy civil contractor, building transportation infrastructure including highways, roads, railroads, wetland mitigation sites, port docks and more. We provide a variety of services from pre-construction estimating, design-build, site development as well as the specialty projects. We invite you to learn more about Nutter by visiting: https://nuttercorp.com/about-nutter/
What is it like to work at Nutter?
We believe in:
- Honesty – We are open, trustworthy and truthful.
- Client-Focus- We work every day to exceed our Client’s expectations.
- Rolling Up Our Sleeves- Lending a hand and doing what it takes to get the job done.
- Creativity- Thinking “outside of the box” to deliver winning solutions.
- Community Service- Doing the right thing within our community including: Adopt a Family through Share for the holidays, Dozer Days through the Nutter Foundation supporting children in need, Walk and Knock, Winter Clothing Drive, Build a Bike with Waste Connection for local charities.
For consideration, please e-mail your résumé to our hiring process facilitator: HRA@TJandassociates.com
Reference check and drug screen are steps in our interview process.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.