Location: Vancouver, WA
Pacific Lifestyle Homes— a growing regional homebuilder– seeks a full-time Human Resources Assistant. This role partners with the HR Manager and Talent Acquisition Consultant to support hiring process initiatives, office operations, and event planning. Responsibilities include employer branding projects, Company events, applicant communication, job posting development and maintenance, general office support and providing payroll backup as needed.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Human Resources professional or Office Manager to join a growing Company with an excellent culture. If you are personable with outstanding communication, administrative, interpersonal and organizational skills, we want to hear from you!
Pacific Lifestyle Homes provides a competitive total compensation package for the Human Resources Assistant position with a range of $25.00 – $32.00. This range includes base hourly rate and quarterly profit sharing, subject to achieving targeted sales expectations and the terms of a written employment agreement. This position is considered a non-exempt role.
Pacific Lifestyle Homes provides an extensive benefits package including:
- New Home Discount
- 120 hours of paid time off for the first year
- Company supported medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and families
- Participation in our 401(k)-retirement savings plan with company contributions
- Paid volunteer hours
- Seven paid holidays
Our offices are located in Vancouver, WA close to I-205. This is an in-person, in-office role Monday through Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
An ideal candidate enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility. Our Company culture is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered. PLH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized.
Please see our website for additional information: www.pacificlifestylehomes.com
For additional information about PLH’s Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/Hud-5EsJ2fw
HR Focused Responsibilities:
- Assist HR Manager with recruiting tasks including interviewing and recommending applicants.
- Candidate sourcing utilizing databases, networking, job boards and Company social media.
- Pre-screen job applicants by reviewing applications and matching candidates to job requirements.
- Answer applicant questions including job details, benefits, and Company culture.
- Forward screened applicant materials to the appropriate hiring manager(s).
- Schedule interview team meetings and coordinate reference checks.
- Coordinate the onboarding process for new teammates including: new hire documents, orientation, and training coordination.
- Maintain employment records using HR software.
- Update organizational charts and directories.
- Assist with employee benefit plan administration.
- Support payroll as a secondary back-up for PTO coverage.
Office Administration- Focused Responsibilities:
- Assist staff with maintenance and setup of office equipment; arrange repairs as needed.
- Maintain asset inventory logs and whereabouts during on and off-boarding processes.
- Plan, coordinate and implement company events including meetings, lunches, and three significant annual events (Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Company Picnic, and the Company Christmas Party).
- Coordinate expense report process and recordkeeping for the HR Department.
Human Resources Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or associated field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 2 years of basic recruiting including: job description creation, job postings, candidate screening and interview coordination.
- 2 years of HR work experience preferred; HR internships and/or HR certifications are a plus.
- 2 years of payroll experience, back-up payroll experience is beneficial.
- 1-2 years working with benefits including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k) retirement savings.
- Experience providing administrative support in a professional office environment.
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task effectively; demonstrated accuracy and follow through.
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills.
- Responsible with strong work ethic, integrity, and reliability.
- Demonstrates initiative and good judgment.
- Professional, approachable and team oriented.
- Proficient in use of computer software to include Word, Excel, Outlook. Prior use of an Applicant Tracking System is helpful but not required.
A reference check, background check and pre-employment drug screen are steps in our hiring process.
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed Career History Form (Application) found at the following link: https://pacificlifestylehomes.topgradingonline.com/job_openings/human-resources-assistant-vancouver?utm_campaign=direct_links&utm_medium=job-boards&utm_source=
- Upload your résumé.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our hiring process facilitator: HRAssistant@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.