Location: Tacoma, WA
Garrette Custom Homes— a growing regional homebuilder– seeks an experienced, skilled Land Acquisition Manager to identify and facilitate land purchases in support of strategic homebuilding goals.
This is a full-time position based in Tacoma, WA and reports directly to the Company President. Garrette Custom Homes builds a range of housing plans under two brands from neighborhood lots to acreage estates. GCH is building in Thurston, Pierce, Kitsap and King Counties. Our Company has bold plans to expand the Puget Sound operation.
We offer a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k) retirement savings benefits. This position is also eligible for generous bonus opportunities and profit sharing.
An ideal candidate enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility. Our Company culture is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered.
GCH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized. Please see our website for additional information: www.gchpugetsound.com
For more details about our Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/2sNbXsz8D8c
Land Acquisition Responsibilities Include:
- Identification of properties for purchase to include finished lots and unimproved land.
- Conducting research to analyze value and marketability of land for housing purposes.
- Creating and analyzing budgets and proformas.
- Proactive outreach to land owners including mailers and meetings to identify land acquisition opportunities.
- Negotiating land agreements/purchases that fit Company objectives; document by producing complete, accurate written agreements.
- Verifying entitlement process and estimating associated costs.
- Facilitating land owner communication with GCH entitlement and development team.
- Developing positive business relationships with strategic partners including developers, land owners, public agencies and realtors.
Land Acquisition Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3-5+ years’ sales, business negotiations or land acquisition experience in residential real estate.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/sales or similar field or Associates degree with equivalent experience.
- Self-motivated–energetic, driven and goal oriented.
- Charismatic, but genuine; easily builds trust and credibility.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and results.
- Knowledge of utility and developmental review departments.
- Creative and proactive problem solver; logical decision-making abilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills; reliable, follows through.
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team.
- Positive and results-oriented; eager to take on new challenges.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Responsible and professional with strong work ethic, integrity, and reliability.
- Continuous learner. Demonstrates desire and ability to gain knowledge.
- Open to coaching and continuous improvement.
- Capable in use of computer software to include Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- GIS familiarity is useful, but not required.
A reference check, background check and pre-employment drug screen are steps in our hiring process.
For consideration, please forward:
1.) A completed Career History Form (Online Application) found at the following link:
2.) Upload your résumé and cover letter.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our hiring process facilitator at: LandGCH@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer