Location: Vancouver, WA
PLS Engineering is looking for the next great addition to our team! PLS is a well-respected, innovative and growing Civil Engineering/Land Use firm located in beautiful downtown Vancouver, WA. We pride ourselves on working collaboratively to provide our clients with the highest quality of service. Our work environment is fast-paced, client-focused and fun!
A Land Surveyor Crew Chief contributes their talents to the supervision of field crew and collection of data for boundary, topographic, industrial and construction surveys. PLS Engineering specializes in land development for public agencies and private developers. If you are an experienced surveyor and leader who is interested in growing your career with an innovative, Pacific Northwest-based firm, we would like to hear from you!
What can PLS Engineering offer you?
- A competitive compensation package; position range is $28 – $36 per hour depending on experience.
- Excellent benefits; employer paid premium option for health, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a 4% Company match; eligible after 6 months of employment.
- Profit sharing eligibility after one year of employment.
- New employees accrue up to 10 days of PTO annually. 3-5 year employees accrue 13 days of PTO
- Seven paid holidays; work/life balance is a priority.
- Company paid parking permits or spaces.
- State-of-the-art technology, systems, tools and resources.
- Continuing education is encouraged and supported. Education reimbursement offered.
- Career growth opportunities.
- A fantastic office and location! Our office is centrally located in downtown Vancouver, WA—a short walk to restaurants, parks, coffee shops and trails.
- Work that is fast-paced and goal-oriented.
- A dynamic team that is supportive, friendly and fun. (We host BBQs, team lunches, a summer picnic, holiday party and other activities throughout the year!)
- A Company culture of giving back to the community. Donation matching is available.
What skills and experience can you bring to the PLS team?
- 4+ years Land Surveyor Crew Chief leadership experience; leads by positive example.
- Prior work with boundary, topography, industrial and construction surveys.
- Land Surveyor in Training (LSIT) or Professional Land Surveying (PLS) certification or willingness to obtain.
- Past use of survey equipment including Robotic Total Station, GPS, Laser Scanner and Data Collectors.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and detail oriented.
- Past accountability for field crew safety.
- Effective written and oral communication skills including ability to prepare accurate and professional field notes.
- Personal responsibility for quality work while meeting project timelines.
- Responsiveness and flexibility; you adapt easily to changing priorities.
- MS Office experience including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Who is PLS Engineering?
PLS is a rapidly growing SW Washington-based Civil Engineering/Land Use firm. We offer civil engineering, land surveying and site planning services that best meet our valued clients’ needs. We invite you to learn more about PLS Engineering by visiting: plsengineering.com
What is it like to work at PLS?
We believe in:
- Honesty and Transparency- We are open, trustworthy and truthful.
- Excellence- Our work is our art; we take pride in the quality of work provided to our clients every day.
- Client-Centered- We never forget that client satisfaction is our goal.
- Rolling Up Our Sleeves- Lending a hand, hard work and doing what it takes to get the job done.
- Continuous Improvement and Professional Development- Learning, improving, innovating and sharing knowledge.
- Creativity- Thinking “outside of the box” to deliver winning solutions.
- Community Service- Enthusiastic contributors within our community including: Clark County Food Bank, Rotary, Little League, local college scholarships, SW WA Contractors Association auctions and events.
For consideration, please e-mail your résumé to our hiring process facilitator: SCC@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.