Location: Vancouver, WA
Support for Early Learning & Families (SELF) seeks an experienced, engaging and detail-oriented Lead Operations Center Director to join our growing team. This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting directly to the Executive Director. This position is based in Vancouver, WA.
Who is SELF?
Support for Early Learning & Families (SELF) is a nonprofit organization founded in response to the question, “How can we work to improve opportunities for our community’s children?” This question is at the heart of the work that we do.
The successful efforts of the Lead Operations Center Director will help SELF fulfill our mission as we work to: convene and mobilize partners and stakeholders throughout Southwest Washington to promote community awareness and advocacy for early learning, kindergarten readiness and school success for all children.
At SELF, we value:
- LEADERSHIP – Through advocacy, empowerment and influence, the efforts of our partners are maximized, and SELF’s vision is translated into reality for our children and their families.
- CONNECTION – Connecting people, resources and organizations across Southwest Washington.
- ACCOUNTABILITY – Holding ourselves and our partners accountable to the goal that every child growing up in SW Washington has a safe and healthy start.
- INNOVATION – Continually seeking new ideas and resources to advance learning opportunities for children birth to 12.
To learn more about SELF, we invite you to visit our website: SELF – Support For Early Learning & Families – Support for Early Learning and Families (selfwa.org)
Lead Operations Center Director Core Responsibilities:
The Lead Operations Center Director works closely with the SELF administrative team, and ESD 112’s, management team. This position is heavily focused on developing and maintaining strong partnerships, leadership development, contract compliance and staffing.
The position holder provides leadership and support to the Birth – 5, School Age and Family Support Operations Center Directors (OCD) and the Early Childhood Education (ECE) Specialists.
What could SELF offer you?
- A competitive compensation package with an hourly range of $27.55 – $29.80 depending upon experience. This position is eligible for overtime. Lead Operations Center Directors also receive a $425 per month stipend to recognize lead responsibilities for this position.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance.
- A 401(k) retirement savings plan with up to 2.5% employer match.
- Two weeks of PTO accrued annually.
- Eight paid holidays and one paid floating holiday.
- Life Insurance- $10,000.
- Discounted child care for pre-school and school-aged children.
- Employee assistance program.
- Quarterly passes to Columbia Sportswear and Adidas employee store.
- The general work schedule is M-F 8 AM – 5 PM with some work hour flexibility as needed.
- Some Sunday evening work is necessary to facilitate scheduling needs for the upcoming week.
- Availability is requested occasionally for after-hours/weekend events and other work needs.
- A convenient office location in Vancouver, WA.
- Work that is fast-paced and goal-oriented.
- A dynamic team that is supportive, friendly and fun.
- A collaborative, mission-focused organizational culture.
- An opportunity to make a difference in our community!
What skills and experience could you bring to the SELF team?
- Applicable four-year degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or Elementary Education degree is preferred.
- Must have completed 47 credit hours in early childhood education, elementary education, family and consumer sciences, special education, or a related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Early Child Care and Education principles. Past early childhood program experience is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience including effective coaching, mentoring and teambuilding.
- Energetic, and mission-focused with a passion for early childhood development, learning and fun!
- Knowledge and experience building resiliency with both children and adults.
- Past work supporting and training adult learners.
- Professional and confident with a strong work ethic, integrity and reliability.
- Cheerful and adept at handling multiple priorities; organized with demonstrated ability to meet project deadlines.
- Past work staffing and scheduling to meet organizational requirements.
- You enjoy developing creative solutions and strategies for continuous improvement.
- In conjunction with Human Resources and the Executive Director, plan and coordinate interview, hiring and onboarding processes for your teams to ensure staffing needs are met.
- As needed, you may provide coverage for a Director, Teacher and/or Classroom Assistant. You may offer other assistance as necessary to comply with early care and education program requirements.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- MS Office Suite proficiency.
- You have the ability to pass an in-depth background check.
- You must possess a valid drivers’ license and have reliable transportation. Travel between the SELF administrative offices and various early child care centers and education offices in the SW WA Area is a key job responsibility. Mileage reimbursement for business travel is provided in accordance with approved mileage rates.
- A valid Food Handlers Card and a valid CPR certification including child/infant is needed prior to employment.
For consideration, please submit a resume to our hiring process facilitator using the following email address: LeadOps@TJandassociates.com
Reference and background checks are conducted with finalist candidate(s) as part of our interview process. The Lead Operations Center Director (Early Childhood Education) position is available immediately and will remain open until filled.
SELF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic. Our organization is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citi