Location: Vancouver, WA
Join an organization that empowers people to turn their ambition into opportunity. Northwest Association for Blind Athletes (NWABA) is on the cusp of an exciting time of growth as a regional organization with a mission to provide life-changing opportunities through sports and physical activity to children, youth, adults, and military veterans who are blind or visually impaired.
We are committed to cultivating opportunities for individual and organizational growth. Energized by an entrepreneurial spirit and the drive to excel, NWABA invests heavily in the people and resources needed to successfully deliver on our mission. Looking to the future, newly renovated offices in downtown Vancouver are equipped to tap into the tools and technology necessary to expand our presence and impact in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, and beyond.
At NWABA, we operate with full transparency, bringing honesty and integrity to everything we do. We welcome, serve, and support all people with dignity and respect. And we bring steadfast determination in pursuit of our mission and our goals. Our next Marketing & Communications Manager will embrace our values, champion our mission, work with passion, and deliver results.
To learn more, we invite you to visit the NWABA website: www.nwaba.org
In response to COVID-19, NWABA continues to operate while making office and procedural changes that promote safety and limit the spread of the virus.
We seek an entrepreneurial and forward-thinking Marketing & Communications Manager to join our growing development team. This individual will work with the entire NWABA organization to develop and execute projects that engage the community in making a difference for individuals who are blind and visually impaired. The Marketing & Communications Manager will have the opportunity to actively and strategically grow the organization’s presence and impact, and be accountable for the following:
- Developing, implementing, and measuring a comprehensive marketing and communications plan that aligns with NWABA’s overall strategy and growth initiatives.
- Creating and publishing well-written content and graphics across multiple communications platforms, fueling successful digital campaigns that will drive revenue and engagement.
This is a full-time, exempt position and reports to the Director of Development & Communications. NWABA offers competitive compensation including health insurance, generous PTO, a 403(b) savings plan (3% match) and paid holidays. Working from our conveniently located downtown Vancouver, WA office, employees are in the heart of the city and close to restaurants, coffee shops, trails and countless other attractions.
- Communications and Social Media
- Maintains a comprehensive, consistent and effective brand identity and guidelines for all aspects of NWABA. Develop and maintain brand guideline documents, train NWABA staff and outside vendors on brand guidelines.
- With Director of Development & Communications, create, implement and manage a comprehensive communications plan including all print, online, social media and event schedules.
- Work alongside volunteers, program staff, families and athletes to collect stories that can be shared across different communication platforms.
- Maintain and update organizational website (WordPress), social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) and Google Ads account.
- Liaison with photographers, videographers, and graphic designers to produce and present effective visual content.
- Responsible for writing and distribution of fundraising appeals, email newsletters, annual reports, stewardships reports, newsletters, and other materials.
- Marketing and Media Relations
- Build and maintain relationships with press and media contacts.
- Create all media advisories, press releases, etc.
- Manage media inquiries and arrange interviews, statements etc.
- Develop strategy to increase brand awareness in new and growing markets.
- Develop and coordinate with external vendors paid marketing, including advertising campaigns, website, Google Ad words, etc.
- Develop and execute digital fundraising campaigns for special giving days included but not limited to #GivingTuesday, Idaho Gives and Give More 24.
- Serve as key team member in planning and execution of NWABA special events including helping to secure speakers, write and edit scripts, develop a theme and key messaging, manage the design and print of all collateral, manage video production, and develop all day-of visuals for the event with graphic designer.
- Analyze and report impact of communications on organizational success.
- In house Graphic Design using Adobe creative suite and project manage contract graphic designers.
- Assist with the organization and implementation of Development events.
- Work with the Development team to achieve NWABA’s fundraising goals.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned by the CEO and/or Director of Development & Communications.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communication, marketing and/or public relations experience or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated 3-5 years’ experience in marketing and communications; ability to write strategic communication pieces for an organization including press releases, newsletter, website content, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe InDesign (2-3+ years) and CRMs; experience with WordPress, Urchin Tracking Module (UTM codes), and Greater Giving a plus.
- Expertise in email marketing best practices, metrics, list building, and management.
- Significant experience creating compelling content for delivery via email, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other platforms.
- Expert knowledge of Hootsuite or other social media management tools.
- Outstanding writing, grammar and editing skills.
- Excellent attention to details and highly organized.
- Experienced in managing social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn) for either a corporation or nonprofit organization preferred.
- Prior experience in non-profit communications and/or fundraising preferred.
- Ability to work as a team member and to establish and maintain effective working relationships through successful interpersonal, written and verbal communication.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Must be self-directed, able to work both independently and in a team, and to take direction when given.
- Ability to travel approximately 10-15% of time as needed throughout our service area (WA, OR, ID and MT) including air travel.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends throughout the year when required.
- Must possess a valid state-issued driver’s license and be comfortable driving organization-owned vehicles in support of job responsibilities. Ability to pass a background check, including MVR.
For consideration, please email a complete packet to our hiring process facilitator: MCM@TJandassociates.com.
- Résumé including work history (months and years).
- A cover letter that discusses each of the following:
- Why are you interested in joining Northwest Association for Blind Athletes?
- Please summarize the connection between your knowledge, skills and experience and the Marketing & Communications Manager role.
- Describe a marketing/social media project where you were instrumental in the successful outcome(s). What was your role? What was the end result (including metrics)? What did you learn?
Reference and background checks are steps in our hiring process.
We look forward to receiving your materials!