Foods In Season is a well-established, family-owned company that provides local, sustainable food products such as wild mushrooms, greens and seafood to the finest restaurants and grocery stores throughout the country. We are an organization dedicated to teamwork, collaboration and customer service. At Foods In Season, we know that every team member has something to say, and that every team member is integral to our success.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a proven sales professional to join our team. Our ideal candidate has a passion for wild/sustainable food products and proven sales experience. This is a regular, full-time position reporting to the Sales Manager. We offer a competitive compensation package including a positive, friendly work environment and retirement savings benefits. This position is located in Washougal, WA; travel expectations are minimal.
Job Summary: Maximize customer acquisition, sales revenue and customer retention. Promote positive customer relations by responding to customer inquiries regarding product orders, shipments and deliveries with courtesy and professionalism. Partner with National Restaurant Sales Team to build the national restaurant segment of business.
- Identify and develop new restaurant customers.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas
- Accurately input customer orders, assign pricing and arrange delivery. Confirm orders and facilitate communication with customers in a timely, professional manner.
- Provide outstanding customer service and ensure customer satisfaction by addressing customer questions,
concerns or issues with a solution-based spirit.
- Maintain product knowledge to enhance sales and service (i.e. provide product origin and detailed description to customers.)
- Collaborate with customers and purchasing to assess product needs.
- Work effectively and efficiently with company personnel to expand and serve current and future customer base.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Associates Degree or higher; will also consider other equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years’ sales experience; food industry background is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency using MS Office applications – Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Use of contact management software; ACT is preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal and written.).
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, highly detailed oriented and possess the ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize tasks in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to manage customer interactions in a calm, professional manner.
- Responsible with a strong work ethic; maintains confidentiality and high ethical standards.
- Accurately calculates figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages and discounts.
- Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test and background check may be required as part of our hiring process.
For consideration, please forward a résumé and a cover letter including compensation goals via email to our recruiter at: NSR@TJandassociates.com