Location: Tacoma, WA
Garrette Custom Homes Puget Sound, a growing Pacific Northwest homebuilder — seeks a skilled, professional New Home Sales Consultant. Based in Tacoma, WA, this position is responsible for ensuring an excellent building and buying experience for our customers. New homes may be on customers’ lots, builder held lots or lots secured together by the New Home Sales Consultant and customer. This opportunity is open due to continued growth.
We are looking for a team member who is energetic, results-oriented, resourceful and organized. If you are personable with outstanding communication, problem solving and consultative sales skills, we want to hear from you! Individuals with an entrepreneurial, can-do approach thrive in this position. The New Home Sales Consultant role involves a combination of sales opportunities including projects on customers’ lots and on-site community sales.
The GCH compensation package includes base and commission plus benefits. This position is also eligible for profit sharing.
An ideal candidate enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility. We enjoy a Company culture that is supportive and customer-centered. GCH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized.
To learn more, please see our website: www.garrettecustomhomes.com
For additional information about GCH’s (and sister Company Pacific Lifestyle Home’s) Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/2sNbXsz8D8c
- Meeting with potential customers to assess building needs.
- Touring existing homes and available properties.
- Presenting and communicating a variety of home plans, land options and site cost considerations.
- Closing sales for new homes to meet or exceed Company goals.
- Business development through community/realtor outreach and referrals.
- Providing an exceptional customer experience by setting accurate expectations and educating customers on the home building/buying process.
- Anticipating and resolving any questions regarding the home building process.
- Following up and communicating with home buyers in a timely, proactive manner.
- Coordinating contract completion for timely start of new homes.
- Utilizing contact management software.
- Handling multiple priorities effectively.
- Working with preferred lenders and Custom Construction Loans.
- Presenting information at GCH New Home Building Seminars.
Knowledge and Skills Desired :
- Five years of sales experience in the new home or custom home construction field
- Associate’s degree or above in communication, business or other applicable field; or high school diploma with equivalent experience in real estate sales or construction
- Active Washington real estate license or ability to obtain
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent teamwork/collaboration skills; this position works closely with Site Superintendents and the GCH Sales Manager
- Highly motivated and results-oriented; eager to take on new challenges
- Responsible and professional with strong work ethic, integrity, and reliability
- Ability to organize, coordinate, multi-task and complete work accurately while meeting deadlines
- Creative, empathetic and confident problem solver
- Responsive to customer questions
- Develops positive business relationships with the public/prospective buyers, homebuyers, realtors and lenders
- Completes contracts, reports and other required documentation in a timely manner
- Continuous learner; demonstrates desire and ability to gain product, company and sales process knowledge
- Proficient in use of computer software to include Word, Excel, Outlook, CMS and database management
- Familiarity with site cost evaluation and Custom Construction Loans a plus
Reference check, background check and a pre-employment drug screen are steps in our hiring process.
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed Career History Form (Application) found at the following link: https://pacificlifestylehomes.topgradingonline.com/job_openings/new-home-sales-consultant-tacoma?utm_campaign=direct_links&utm_medium=job-boards&utm_source=new-home-sales-consultant-gch-ps
Please note—to be considered, a Career History Form is required
- Upload your résumé and cover letter.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our recruiter at: OYL@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.