Location: Vancouver, WA
Pacific Lifestyle Homes— a growing Pacific Northwest homebuilder located in beautiful Vancouver, WA seeks a skilled, professional Payroll & HR Specialist. This position is responsible for processing multi-company payroll and serves as the primary contact for employee benefits. The position holder also assists with new employee orientations, coordinates office maintenance and facilitates IT services.
We are looking for a team member who is friendly, approachable, energetic, results-oriented, resourceful and organized. This role provides exceptional customer service and support to our valued employees.
The Payroll & HR Specialist is a full-time, nonexempt position with a competitive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision and retirement savings benefits. This position is also eligible for profit sharing.
An ideal candidate enjoys a position with variety and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility. Our Company culture is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered. PLH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized. To learn more, please see our website: www.pacificlifestylehomes.com
For additional information about PLH’s Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/2sNbXsz8D8c
- Processes full cycle payroll with external vendor for approximately 90 employees in multiple locations
- Administers Company benefit programs including ACA reporting
- Maintains employee files and assists Office Manager with new employee onboarding process
- Provides basic IT troubleshooting and manages external IT vendor as needed
- Coordinates Concur expense reporting process and trains new users
- Contributes to continuous process improvement; demonstrates initiative and shares ideas
- Serves as primary contact to office landlord; manages facility and equipment including property repairs
- Coordinates office maintenance including janitorial services resulting in professional and safe office environment
- Provides administrative support including meeting preparation, office supply inventory and banking/finance administrative tasks
- Assists in planning and implementing Company events
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2+ years full-cycle payroll experience (ADP is strongly preferred)
- 2 years human resources experience preferred
- One year of accounting, bookkeeping or related experience
- Associates degree with additional experience and/or education preferred including Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification
- Construction industry background is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; professional judgement; approachable and friendly
- Ability to administer company benefits in a professional, friendly manner
- Responsible and professional with strong work ethic, integrity and reliability
- Demonstrated ability to securely maintain confidential information
- Ability to organize, coordinate, multi-task and complete work accurately while meeting deadlines
- Ability to develop and maintain positive business relationships with internal customers and external contacts
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative and problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Enthusiastic and results-oriented; eager to take on new challenges and work well as part of a team
- Cheerfully and calmly handles interruptions and competing priorities; flexible; adapts well to changing needs
- Continuous learner; open to coaching and continuous improvement
- Capable in use of computer software including MS Excel. Additional computer skills including Concur, DocuSign, HRIS and Adobe are a plus.
Reference check, background check and a pre-employment drug screen are steps in the hiring process.
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed Career History Form (Application) found at the following link: https://pacificlifestylehomes.topgradingonline.com/job_openings/payroll-hr-specialist?utm_campaign=direct_links&utm_medium=job-boards&utm_source=
Note—for consideration, please submit a Career History Form.
- Upload your résumé and cover letter.
Successful completion of a reference check, pre-employment drug test and background check are steps in our hiring process.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our recruiter at: PHRS@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.