Location: Tacoma, WA
Garrette Custom Homes — a growing Puget Sound homebuilder– seeks an experienced, professional Permit Coordinator. Located in Tacoma, WA this position’s key functions are to: manage records, prepare agreements and track information to meet deadlines and ensure building processes run smoothly to fulfill Company goals and strategic plans.
This is a full-time position with a competitive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision and 401(k) retirement savings benefits; this role is also eligible for profit sharing. A mutually beneficial flexible/hybrid schedule is possible after training is complete.
An ideal candidate enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility. Our Company culture is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered.
GCH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized. Please see our website for additional information: www.gchpugetsound.com
For details about our Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/2sNbXsz8D8c
Permit Coordinator Responsibilities include:
- Prepare, submit and monitor permit package to jurisdictions.
- Track permits, retrieve approved permits and submit supplemental information as needed.
- Track truss calculations, engineering changes and floor joist changes.
- Request documents “wet stamp” from engineer.
- Prepare check requests (permit fees, utility fees, city/county fees).
- Coordinate with engineering firms to create site plans and storm water reports.
- Coordinate with the sales team on structural selections for Builder’s inventory homes.
- Review architectural house plans to ensure conformance with customer’s structural selections.
- Assist construction with scheduling and paying for inspections upon request.
Permit Coordinator Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities include:
- High school or equivalent with applicable work experience; some college coursework or Associates degree preferred.
- 2-3+ years of construction or mortgage industry experience in a permitting or transaction coordinator role.
- Working knowledge of construction and permitting processes is desirable.
- Knowledge of building codes, land use, storm water and land development is useful.
- Responsible with strong work ethic, integrity, and reliability.
- A confident and assertive yet friendly telephone demeanor is essential.
- Positive contributor to team culture.
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task effectively; proven accuracy and follow through.
- Effective communication and project management skills; follows up as needed throughout the permitting process.
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as: Excel, Word, Outlook and MS SharePoint.
- Cheerfully and adeptly handles interruptions and competing priorities; adapts accordingly based upon organizational needs.
- Enjoys conducting research to gather information and identify solutions.
- Demonstrates initiative and problem solving skills with a “can-do” approach.
- Enthusiasm for new projects and learning opportunities.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel to municipalities as needed.
- Reliable vehicle; mileage reimbursed.
Reference check, background check and a pre-employment drug screen are steps in our hiring process.
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed Career History Form (Application) found at the following link: https://pacificlifestylehomes.topgradingonline.com/job_openings/permit-coordinator-gch-ps?utm_campaign=direct_links&utm_medium=job-boards&utm_source=permit-coordinator-gch-ps
NOTE: To be considered, please complete a Career History Form.
- Upload your résumé and cover letter.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our hiring process facilitator at: PC@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.