Location: Vancouver, WA
PLS Engineering is looking for the next great addition to our team! PLS is a well-respected, innovative and growing Civil Engineering/Land Use firm located in beautiful downtown Vancouver, WA. We pride ourselves on working collaboratively to provide our clients with the highest quality of service. Our work environment is fast-paced, client-focused and fun!
A PLS Project Manager plans and directs the work of design engineers, drafters and technical engineers working on a variety of land development projects. Measures of success include achievement of project scope, budget and timeline goals.
PLS Engineering specializes in land development for public agencies and private developers. If you are an experienced planner, civil engineer, or project manager who is interested in growing your career with an innovative, Pacific Northwest-based firm–we would like to hear from you!
What can PLS Engineering offer you?
- A competitive compensation package.
- Benefits including matching 401(k), employee medical, dental and vision (100% employer paid option).
- PTO and paid holidays; work/life balance is a priority.
- State-of-the-art technology, systems, tools and resources.
- Career growth opportunities.
- A fantastic office and location! Our office is centrally located in downtown Vancouver, WA—a short walk to restaurants, parks, coffee shops and trails.
- Work that is fast-paced and goal-oriented.
- A dynamic team that is supportive, friendly and fun. (We host BBQs, team lunches and other activities throughout the year!)
- A Company culture of giving back to the community.
What skills and experience can you bring to the PLS team?
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, or related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- 5+ years engineering project planning and scheduling to meet project deliverables.
- Professional Engineer (PE) Certification required.
- Prior work managing projects and teams; leads by positive example.
- Anticipates road blocks; calmly identifies practical solutions.
- Effective written and oral communication skills including the ability to prepare accurate, professional documentation and reports.
- Enjoys facilitating project planning sessions.
- Works collaboratively and effectively with project stakeholders and cross-functional contributors.
- Takes personal responsibility for quality work while meeting project timelines and budgetary goals.
- Responsiveness and flexibility; you adapt easily to changing priorities and dynamics.
- MS Office experience including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Efficient in Autodesk Civil 3D.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and detail oriented; strong organizational skills.
- A valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles you may be driving; ability to demonstrate a safe, acceptable driving record.
Who is PLS Engineering?
PLS is a rapidly growing SW Washington-based Civil Engineering/Land Use firm. We offer civil engineering, land surveying and site planning services that best meet our valued clients’ needs. We invite you to learn more about PLS Engineering by visiting: plsengineering.com
What is it like to work at PLS?
We believe in:
- Honesty and Transparency- We are open, trustworthy and truthful.
- Excellence- Our work is our art; we take pride in the quality of work provided to our clients every day.
- Client-Centered- We never forget that client satisfaction is our goal.
- Rolling Up Our Sleeves- Lending a hand, hard work and doing what it takes to get the job done.
- Continuous Improvement and Professional Development- Learning, improving, innovating and sharing knowledge.
- Creativity- Thinking “outside of the box” to deliver winning solutions.
- Community Service- Enthusiastic contributors within our community including: Clark County Food Bank, Rotary, Little League, local college scholarships, SW WA Contractors Association auctions and events.
For consideration, please e-mail your résumé to our hiring process facilitator: PLSPM@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.