Location: Vancouver, WA
Pacific Lifestyle Homes– a growing regional homebuilder- seeks an experienced, skilled Project Manager- Land Development and Field Operations to assist in the oversight of land development projects in the NW Oregon, SW Washington and Puget Sound areas in support of strategic homebuilding goals. This position will be responsible for the preparation and coordination of all physical improvements on assigned projects as well as technical and financial activities. This is a full-time position based in Vancouver, WA. The Project Manager reports to the Development Manager.
PLH offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k) retirement savings benefits. This position is also eligible for profit sharing. Regular day travel to job sites in the Portland-Vancouver and surrounding area can be expected; vehicle allowance provided.
An ideal candidate enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility. Our Company culture is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered.
PLH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized. Please see our website for additional information: www.pacificlifestylehomes.com
For more details about our Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/2sNbXsz8D8c
Project Manager- Land Development and Field Operations Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in feasibility studies by bidding out and estimating cost to construct land improvements
- Coordinate and manage the construction and completion of all land improvements on rural and traditional suburban residential subdivision projects
- Obtain and approve job bids and contracts
- Establish, maintain, and oversee project budgets
- Produce project schedules and finalize them with the Development Manager
- Coordinate Phase 1 environmental and Geotech reports for projects insuring compatible homebuilding recommendations
- Coordinate geotechnical sign-off on all lots prior to plat recording
- Obtain physical completion sign off of improvements on all projects, facilitating timely plat recordings
- Review engineering plans for accuracy and opportunities for improvement
- Collaborate with trades and consultants to value engineer subdivision plans and perform a formal VE review
- Coordinate lot details with Production, Drafting and Purchasing teams (driveways, grading, utilities, etc.)
- Facilitate and review plats for accuracy and areas for improvement
- Review and approve site development invoices
- Assist Production, Sales and Drafting with permitting, design and building issues
- Manage installation of landscape and monument signs for new communities during subdivision construction
- Prepare mass Land Development schedule overview on a quarterly basis and rollup of actuals vs. goal
- Maintain up to date project schedules in MS Project
Project Manager- Land Development and Field Operations Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent experience preferred
- 5+ years related experience in managing development and construction of new communities preferred
- Must be able to read construction documents, surveys and technical reports proficiently to maintain quality control and oversee all aspects of construction including underground utilities, paving, grading, drainage systems and storm facilities, rural utilities and subdivision utilities
- Homebuilding experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to take direction and input from others.
- Reliable and follows through to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Outlook.
- Background in project planning and/ or management.
- CAD skills/experience are a plus.
- Strong leadership, organizational project management, and budgeting skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex issues to others in terms that are understandable.
- Professional demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team.
- Positive and results-oriented; eager to take on new challenges. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Responsible and professional with strong work ethic, integrity, and reliability.
- Continuous learner. Demonstrates desire and ability to gain knowledge. Looks for opportunities to improve designs.
- Open to coaching and continuous improvement.
*A reference check, background check and pre-employment drug screen are steps in our hiring process.
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed Career History Form (Online Application) found at the following link: https://pacificlifestylehomes.topgradingonline.com/job_openings/project-manager-land-development-and-field-operations?utm_campaign=direct_links&utm_medium=job-boards&utm_source=
- Upload your résumé and cover letter.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our recruiter at: PMField@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.