Location: Tacoma, WA
Garrette Custom Homes—Puget Sound — a growing Pacific NW homebuilder– seeks an experienced, professional and collaborative Project Manager (Land Feasibility and Entitlements). Located in Tacoma, WA, this position assists the GCH-PS Land Development team with land feasibility studies, entitlements and site development activities. The Project Manager supports land acquisition initiatives that directly impact strategic homebuilding goals.
This is a full-time in-office opportunity with options for a 1-2 day hybrid schedule after training is complete.
We offer a competitive compensation package for the position of Project Manager (Land Feasibility and Entitlements) beginning with a salary range of $65,000 – $90,000. This position is considered an exempt role.
This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s extensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision benefits for the employee. This position is also eligible to participate in annual profit sharing and our 401(k)-retirement savings plans with a discretionary 3% contribution. A healthy balance of wellbeing and paid time off is one of the ways we support our teammates. We provide 120 hours of paid time off for the first year and seven paid holidays annually.
We are seeking a dynamic candidate who enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility. Our Company culture is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered. GCH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized.
To learn more, please see our website: www.garrettecustomhomes.com
For additional information about our Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/7TdHuIO1GKg
Project Manager (Land Feasibility and Entitlements) Responsibilities include:
- Collects and compiles information for feasibility studies; assists in analyzing sites to identify potential land use and sales challenges.
- Assists in acquiring entitlement approvals to meet scheduling and budgetary requirements.
- Develops and manages project schedules; facilitates work with external consultants to meet project timelines and budgets.
- Assists in coordinating residential subdivision land improvement efforts (including utility installation) to meet timelines and budgetary requirements.
- Works with superintendents (builders) and construction trades to provide assistance with site-related questions and challenges.
- Using provided property criteria, searches available land inventory for parcels. Prepares outreach material for parcels of interest.
- Conducts preliminary property research for identified parcels; provides findings to Land Acquisition team for consideration.
- Creates preliminary budgets based upon initial research; helps create Purchase and Sale Agreements for land purchases as applicable.
- Supports the Land Acquisition team with other projects as requested.
Project Manager (Land Feasibility and Entitlements) Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2-5+ years working in a title office, civil engineering firm, or the construction industry; residential construction industry experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, real estate, urban planning, construction or a similar field or Associates degree with equivalent experience.
- Strong analytical abilities; logical decision making skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple priorities effectively; exceptional accuracy and follow through.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Responsible with strong work ethic, integrity, and reliability.
- Initiative and creative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain knowledge about a project or development product.
- Professional, approachable and team-oriented.
- Proficient in use of computer software to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Prior use of homebuilding enterprise and/or project management software is useful.
- Familiarity with GIS mapping systems is beneficial.
- Knowledge of utility and developmental review departments.
- Familiarity with jurisdictional zoning and development regulations is preferred.
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed Career History Form (Online Application) found at the following link: https://pacificlifestylehomes.topgradingonline.com/job_openings/project-manager-land-feasibility-and-entitlements?utm_campaign=direct_links&utm_medium=job-boards&utm_source=
- Upload your résumé.
Successful completion of a reference check, pre-employment drug test and background check are steps in our hiring process.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our hiring process facilitator at: PMLand@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.