Location: Vancouver, WA
Pacific Lifestyle Homes— a growing regional homebuilder– seeks an organized, responsive and collaborative Purchasing Administrative Assistant to support our busy Purchasing team. This is a full-time, in-office non-exempt position in Vancouver, WA.
PLH offers a competitive compensation package that includes medical, dental and vision benefits plus a 401(k) retirement savings plan. This role is also eligible for profit sharing.
An ideal candidate enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility. Our Company culture is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered.
PLH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized. Please see our website for additional information: www.pacificlifestylehomes.com
For more details about our Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/Hud-5EsJ2fw
Purchasing Administrative Assistant Responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and verifying trade partner insurance, contracts and licenses.
- Cross training and assisting in job start creation and purchase order processes.
- Updating One Note resources to ensure current options and standards are reflected.
- Maintaining sales specification documents in MS Word.
- Processing quarterly rebate requests.
- Reviewing home design changes and distributing documentation to purchasing team.
- Validating flooring vendor options/sales.
- Suggesting ideas to streamline operations.
- Providing Company telephone support as needed in a professional manner.
- Completing other administrative projects as assigned.
Purchasing Administrative Assistant Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school or equivalent with applicable work experience; some college coursework or Associates degree preferred.
- Past work in construction/homebuilding industry is a plus.
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task effectively; proven accuracy and follow through.
- Welcoming and personable; demonstrates outstanding customer service skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. A confident yet friendly telephone demeanor.
- Capable using basic construction mathematics.
- Past work with purchase order processes.
- Proficiency with MS Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with purchasing software is preferred, but not required.
- Responsible with strong work ethic, integrity, and reliability.
- Cheerfully and adeptly handles interruptions and competing priorities; adapts accordingly based upon organizational needs.
- Demonstrates initiative and problem-solving skills with a “can-do” approach.
- Enthusiasm for new projects and learning opportunities
Reference check, background check and a pre-employment drug screen are steps in our hiring process.
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed Career History Form (Application) found at the following link: https://pacificlifestylehomes.topgradingonline.com/job_openings/purchasing-administrative-assistant?utm_campaign=direct_links&utm_medium=job-boards&utm_source=
NOTE: A complete Career History Form is needed for consideration.
- Upload your résumé and cover letter.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our hiring process facilitator at: PAA@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.