Location: Vancouver, WA
Pacific Lifestyle Homes— a growing Southwest WA-based homebuilder — seeks an experienced, professional full-time Purchasing Agent. This position contributes to the Purchasing function by working closely with the Purchasing Manager to identify and meet departmental goals per annual operating and strategic plans.
The Purchasing Agent also works with other department members to help with new vendor bidding and setup, compliance, specification updates, pricing comparisons for purchasing manager review, vendor file maintenance, soliciting pricing, new community awards, reporting rebates, purchasing reporting and administration, preparing agendas and running meetings, and providing general support to the Purchasing Department. If you are personable, a good communicator and a team player with outstanding organizational skills, you are encouraged to apply.
We offer a competitive compensation package for the position of Purchasing Agent beginning with an hourly range of $27.00 to $35.00. This position is considered a non-exempt role.
This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s extensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision benefits for the employee. This position is also eligible to participate in annual profit sharing and our 401(k)-retirement savings plans with a discretionary 3% contribution.
A healthy balance of wellbeing and paid time off is one of the ways we support our teammates. We provide 120 hours of paid time off for the first year and seven paid holidays annually.
The Purchasing Agent reports to the Purchasing Manager. PLH is located in beautiful Vancouver, WA (approximately 30 minutes from Portland, OR).
We are seeking a candidate who enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility. Our Company culture is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered. PLH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized.
To learn more, please see our website: www.pacificlifestylehomes.com
For additional information about PLH’s Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/Hud-5EsJ2fw
Purchasing Agent Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent with applicable work experience; Associates degree or higher preferred.
- 2-4 years of increasingly responsible experience in a purchasing department to include purchasing and estimating duties.
- Residential Construction industry work experience is strongly preferred.
- Database administrative work experience including report generation is preferred.
- Responsible with strong work ethic, integrity, and reliability.
- Professional interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Demonstrates a positive, approachable and confident demeanor.
- Positive contributor to team culture.
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task effectively; exceptional accuracy and follow through.
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as: Excel, Word, One Note, SharePoint and Outlook; Newstar and/or BuildPro familiarity is ideal.
- Cheerfully and adeptly handles interruptions and competing priorities; adapts accordingly based upon organizational needs.
- Demonstrates initiative and problem solving skills with a “can-do” approach.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses appropriate discretion.
Reference check, background check and a pre-employment drug screen are steps in our hiring process.
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed Career History Form (Application) found at the following link: https://pacificlifestylehomes.topgradingonline.com/job_openings/purchasing-agent-vancouver?utm_campaign=direct_links&utm_medium=job-boards&utm_source=
A complete Career History Form is needed for consideration.
- Upload your résumé.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our hiring process facilitator at: PA@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.