Location: Tacoma, WA
Garrette Custom Homes — a growing Pacific NW regional homebuilder– seeks an organized, outgoing and professional Purchasing Agent. This position contributes to the Purchasing function by working closely with the President to recruit and retain the best available trade partners to fulfill Company goals for annual operating and strategic plans. This position also has an administrative component.
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for building business relationships and procuring bid packages with potential trade partners. The Purchasing Agent also works with team members to develop and maintain budgets, coordinate the job start process, complete some estimating, database maintenance, identification of cost reductions and facilitate department administrative processes such as: creating change orders/purchase orders, purchasing reporting and administration, customer and vendor communication, and providing general support to the department. If you are personable, a good communicator and a team player with outstanding organizational skills, you are encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time position located in Tacoma, WA near the Tacoma Dome. We offer a competitive compensation package including medical, dental and retirement savings benefits. This position is also eligible for profit sharing.
An ideal candidate enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility.
Our Company culture is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered. GCH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized. To learn more, please see our website: www.gchpugetsound.com
For more information about our Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/2sNbXsz8D8c
Purchasing Agent Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent with applicable administrative and purchasing work experience; college coursework or degree preferred
- Increasingly responsible administrative experience in a purchasing department; estimating experience is a plus
- Residential Construction industry work experience is strongly preferred
- Database administrative work experience including report generation
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task effectively; exceptional accuracy and follow through
- Responsible with strong work ethic, integrity, and reliability
- Professional and persistent yet friendly interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to open new relationships with trade partners and subcontractors
- Demonstrates a positive, approachable and confident demeanor
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as: Excel, Word, Outlook; Builder software (BuildPro) and ERP program familiarity is a plus
- Basic spreadsheet analysis capabilities to evaluate bid proposals
- Cheerfully and adeptly handles interruptions and competing priorities; adapts accordingly based upon organizational needs
- Demonstrates initiative and problem solving skills with a “can-do” approach
- Maintains confidentiality and uses appropriate discretion
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed **Career History Form (Application) found at the following link: https://pacificlifestylehomes.topgradingonline.com/job_openings/purchasing-agent-residential-construction-tacoma?utm_campaign=direct_links&utm_medium=job-boards&utm_source=
**Please note—to be considered, the Career History Form must be completed. **
- Upload your résumé and cover letter.
Reference check, background check and a pre-employment drug screen are steps in our hiring process. If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our recruiter at: GCHPA@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.