Location: Vancouver, WA
Pacific Lifestyle Homes— a growing regional homebuilder– seeks a professional, full-time Purchasing Manager with residential construction experience. This position manages vendor selection and cost management for our Portland Metro/Vancouver, WA team. The Purchasing Manager is instrumental in building positive, productive business relationships with exceptional trade partners, negotiating contracts and developing accurate cost estimates. Our offices are located in Vancouver, WA close to I-205.
If you are personable with outstanding communication, problem solving, leadership, negotiation and organizational skills, we would like to hear from you!
Pacific Lifestyle Homes provides a competitive total compensation package for the Purchasing Manager position with a range of $100,000 – $150,000. This range includes base salary, bonuses, and quarterly profit sharing, subject to achieving targeted sales expectations and the terms of a written employment agreement. This position is considered an exempt role.
Pacific Lifestyle Homes also provides an extensive benefits package including:
- New home discount
- 120 hours of paid time off for the first year
- Company supported medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and families
- Participation in our 401(k)-retirement savings plan with Company contributions
- Paid volunteer hours
- Seven paid holidays
An ideal candidate enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility. Our Company culture is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered. PLH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized.
Please see our website for additional information: www.pacificlifestylehomes.com
For additional information about PLH’s Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/Hud-5EsJ2fw
Purchasing Manager Responsibilities include:
- Collaborates with the purchasing team to efficiently coordinate Company purchasing services.
- Proactively recruits and selects qualified, competitively priced Portland Metro/SW WA subcontractors and suppliers.
- Negotiates and administers vendor contracts.
- Proficiency in analyzing bid comparisons to ensure competitive pricing
- Manages included features and options to keep design center current.
- Manages budgets for all homes/subdivisions.
- Provides leadership to ensure accuracy and maintenance of purchase order and pricing database.
- Updates scopes of work for trade contractor agreements.
- Seeks opportunities to control costs while maintaining high quality standards.
- Works with design and construction personnel to value engineer new and existing plan sets.
- Proactively monitors and updates design/product options to reflect market preferences.
- Works across departments to achieve Company strategic goals.
Purchasing Manager Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3-5 years’ work experience in purchasing or contract management field.
- Residential construction industry purchasing experience is crucial for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, sales or related field or Associate’s degree with equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of home construction building process including methods, materials, contracts.
- Knowledge of residential construction trades.
- Ability to negotiate and find timely, winning solutions.
- Strong analytical abilities; logical decision making skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task effectively; exceptional accuracy and follow through.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including proficiency in making presentations.
- Responsible with strong work ethic, integrity, and reliability.
- Initiative and creative problem solving skills.
- Professional, approachable and team-oriented.
- Handles multiple priorities effectively.
- Proficient in use of computer software to include Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Prior use of homebuilding enterprise and project management software.
A reference check, background check and pre-employment drug screen are steps in our hiring process.
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed Career History Form (Application) found at the following link: https://pacificlifestylehomes.topgradingonline.com/job_openings/purchasing-manager-vancouver?utm_campaign=direct_links&utm_medium=job-boards&utm_source=
- Upload your résumé.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our hiring process facilitator: PLHPM@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.