Location: Vancouver, WA
Commodities Plus, Inc. is looking for the next great addition to our team! Commodities Plus is a is a well-established industrial and food manufacturing firm located in Vancouver, WA. We are an industry leader in the production of wood products laminating compounds and we produce food grade commodities for use in dry mixes and batters. Our team works collaboratively to provide our customers with the highest quality products and services.
The Commodities Plus Quality Control Manager manages all aspects of our quality program to achieve facility goals. The QC Manager also works closely with the Commodities Plus operations function. If you are a science professional seeking an opportunity to lead a quality program in a dynamic, fast-paced food handling operation, we would like to hear from you!
What can Commodities Plus offer you?
- A competitive compensation package.
- Benefits including employee medical and dental, 401(k) retirement savings plan, and life insurance.
- Our facility is centrally located at the Port of Vancouver in Vancouver, WA.
- Work that is fast-paced and goal-oriented.
- A supportive and friendly team.
What skills and experience can you bring to the Commodities Plus team?
- Bachelors or Associates degree in a lab science field or applicable combination of education and work experience.
- 5 – 6+ years food industry background required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage manufacturing quality program including: product compliance monitoring, quality tracking and documentation, pest control, and auditing.
- Prior work managing SQF (Safe Quality Food) or BRC (British Retail Consortium) quality programs and auditing processes.
- Familiarity with the following lab techniques including protein analysis- infrared technology, viscosities- Brookfield method, and granulations- mechanical analysis.
- Past work history providing day to day direction to a production team.
- Demonstrated focus on lab safety and efficiency.
- Confident and personable; experience interacting directly with customers regarding product quality and compliance.
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and organized.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with cross-functional co-workers including operations.
- Responsive and flexible; you adapt easily to changing priorities and dynamics.
- Prior use of MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of GMP and HACCP food quality programs.
Who is Commodities Plus?
Commodities Plus is a SW Washington-based manufacturing firm. We produce, package and distribute a variety of products for the forest products and food industries. We invite you to learn more about Commodities Plus by visiting: www.commoditplus.com
For consideration, please e-mail your résumé to our hiring process facilitator: QC@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.