Location: Vancouver, WA
Pacific Lifestyle Homes— a growing Southwest WA-based homebuilder — seeks an experienced, professional full-time Senior Estimator. This role is instrumental in gathering and analyzing financial data for use in estimating and allocating costs for the homebuilding process.
A strong Senior Estimator candidate is able to demonstrate intermediate to advanced Excel and construction math skills. Experience using purchasing software and/or an ERP building software (such as BuildPro and Newstar) is critical. Organizational and analytical skills are also necessary in this position.
Pacific Lifestyle Homes provides a competitive total compensation package for the Senior Estimator position with a range of $75,000 – $110,000. This range includes base salary, bonuses, and quarterly profit sharing, subject to achieving targeted sales expectations and the terms of a written employment agreement. This position is considered an exempt position.
Pacific Lifestyle Homes provides an extensive benefits package including:
- New Home Discount
- 120 hours of paid time off for the first year
- Company supported medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and families
- Participation in our 401(k)-retirement savings plan with company contributions
- Paid volunteer hours
- Seven paid holidays
The Senior Estimator reports to the Regional Purchasing Manager. This position is based in beautiful Vancouver, WA (approximately 30 minutes from Portland, OR).
We are seeking a candidate who enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility. Our Company culture is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered. PLH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized.
To learn more, please see our website: www.pacificlifestylehomes.com
For additional information about PLH’s Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/Hud-5EsJ2fw
Senior Estimator (Residential Construction) Responsibilities include:
- Provide accurate, timely quantity and material take off estimates for house plans.
- Create and run reports to confirm pricing. Research and resolve any variances.
- Review database uploads to ensure data accuracy.
- Provide option cost/retail recommendations to management.
- Review lumber starts from lumber estimator. Ensure lumber takeoffs are complete, accurate and current.
- Develop reporting systems and processes for in-house lumber management.
- Create and analyze cost reports.
- Research and eliminate variances by working with field staff, vendors and main office personnel. Conduct on-site visits to verify products installation use and efficiency.
- Create and/or review estimates for custom options.
- Collaborate with department staff to release accurate purchase orders to vendors and trade partners. Ensure current pricing and products are accurate for estimates.
- Handle multiple priorities in a calm, professional manner and develop and cultivate positive working relationships with internal customers, staff, subcontractors and vendors.
Senior Estimator (Residential Construction) Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent with applicable work experience; Associates degree or above is preferred.
- 4 – 6 years of increasingly responsible estimating experience.
- Residential Construction industry work experience is necessary for this role including knowledge of building processes, terminology, building techniques and procedures.
- Database work experience; hands-on Purchasing and/or ERP system expertise is needed.
- Responsible with strong work ethic, integrity, and reliability.
- Professional interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Demonstrates a positive, approachable and confident demeanor.
- Positive contributor to team culture.
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task effectively; exceptional accuracy and follow through.
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as: Excel (intermediate to advanced level), Word, One Note, SharePoint and Outlook.
- Past use of Newstar (or other ERP system) and/or BuildPro (or other construction management software).
- Cheerfully and adeptly handles interruptions and competing priorities; adapts accordingly based upon organizational needs.
- Demonstrates initiative and problem solving skills with a “can-do” approach.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses appropriate discretion.
Reference check, background check and a pre-employment drug screen are steps in our hiring process.
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed Career History Form (Application) found at the following link: https://pacificlifestylehomes.topgradingonline.com/job_openings/senior-estimator-vancouver?utm_campaign=direct_links&utm_medium=job-boards&utm_source=
A complete Career History Form is needed for consideration.
- Upload your résumé.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our hiring process facilitator at: SE@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.