Location: Vancouver, WA
Pacific Lifestyle Homes— a growing Southwest WA-based homebuilder — seeks an experienced, professional full-time Senior Estimator. This role is instrumental in gathering and analyzing financial data for use in estimating and allocating costs for the homebuilding process.
A strong Senior Estimator candidate is able to demonstrate intermediate to advanced Excel and construction math skills. Experience using purchasing software and/or an ERP building software (such as BuildPro and Newstar) is critical. Organizational and analytical skills are also necessary in this position.
We offer a competitive compensation package for the position of Senior Estimator beginning with a salary range of $75,000 – $110,000. This position is considered an exempt role.
This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s extensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision benefits for the employee. This position is also eligible to participate in annual profit sharing and our 401(k) retirement savings plans with a discretionary 3% contribution.
A healthy balance of wellbeing and paid time off is one of the ways we support our teammates. We provide 120 hours of paid time off for the first year and seven paid holidays annually.
The Senior Estimator reports to the Regional Purchasing Manager. This position is based in beautiful Vancouver, WA (approximately 30 minutes from Portland, OR).
We are seeking a candidate who enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility. Our Company culture is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered. PLH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized.
To learn more, please see our website: www.pacificlifestylehomes.com
For additional information about PLH’s Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/Hud-5EsJ2fw
Senior Estimator (Residential Construction) Responsibilities include:
- Provide accurate, timely quantity and material take off estimates for house plans.
- Create and run reports to confirm pricing. Research and resolve any variances.
- Review database uploads to ensure data accuracy.
- Provide option cost/retail recommendations to management.
- Review lumber starts from lumber estimator. Ensure lumber takeoffs are complete, accurate and current.
- Develop reporting systems and processes for in-house lumber management.
- Create and analyze cost reports.
- Research and eliminate variances by working with field staff, vendors and main office personnel. Conduct on-site visits to verify products installation use and efficiency.
- Create and/or review estimates for custom options.
- Collaborate with department staff to release accurate purchase orders to vendors and trade partners. Ensure current pricing and products are accurate for estimates.
- Handle multiple priorities in a calm, professional manner and develop and cultivate positive working relationships with internal customers, staff, subcontractors and vendors.
Senior Estimator (Residential Construction) Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent with applicable work experience; Associates degree or above is preferred.
- 4 – 6 years of increasingly responsible estimating experience.
- Residential Construction industry work experience is necessary for this role including knowledge of building processes, terminology, building techniques and procedures.
- Database work experience; hands-on Purchasing and/or ERP system expertise is needed.
- Responsible with strong work ethic, integrity, and reliability.
- Professional interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Demonstrates a positive, approachable and confident demeanor.
- Positive contributor to team culture.
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task effectively; exceptional accuracy and follow through.
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as: Excel (intermediate to advanced level), Word, One Note, SharePoint and Outlook.
- Past use of Newstar (or other ERP system) and/or BuildPro (or other construction management software).
- Cheerfully and adeptly handles interruptions and competing priorities; adapts accordingly based upon organizational needs.
- Demonstrates initiative and problem solving skills with a “can-do” approach.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses appropriate discretion.
Reference check, background check and a pre-employment drug screen are steps in our hiring process.
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed Career History Form (Application) found at the following link: https://pacificlifestylehomes.topgradingonline.com/job_openings/senior-estimator-vancouver?utm_campaign=direct_links&utm_medium=job-boards&utm_source=
A complete Career History Form is needed for consideration.
- Upload your résumé.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our hiring process facilitator at: SE@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.