Location: Vancouver, WA
Garrette Custom Homes — a growing Pacific NW homebuilder– seeks a skilled, professional Site Development Superintendent to manage rural acreage development for residential projects ranging from single homes to small acreage plats. This position is based in Vancouver, WA with day travel to area job sites in WA and OR.
The Site Development Superintendent manages the rural lot development process (including roads, septic systems, wells, and utilities) to meet quality, timeline and cost requirements. We are seeking a team member who is energetic, results-oriented, resourceful and organized.
An ideal candidate enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility.
Our Company culture is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered. GCH and PLH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized. To learn more, please see our websites: www.pacificlifestylehomes.com and www.garrettecustomhomes.com
For additional information about GCH/PLH’s Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/2sNbXsz8D8c
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes medical, dental and vision benefits plus a 401(k) retirement savings plan. Site Development Superintendents are also eligible for profit sharing benefits.
Site Development Superintendent Responsibilities Include:
- Confirms scope of work and product expectations with team project stakeholders including the Site Development Manager, Sales representative and customer.
- Provides exceptional customer service including effective and timely communication.
- Schedules and manages a variety of subcontractors and suppliers to complete high quality construction development work on time and within budget.
- Creates change orders for work outside of original scope.
- Manages multiple job sites.
- Maintains clean, orderly and safe work sites.
- Manages preconstruction site meetings with stakeholders including trade contractors, utility providers and municipal inspectors.
- Motivates subcontractors and suppliers while being professional and courteous.
- Ability to “think outside of the box”; creative in finding solutions and identifying best practices.
- Delivers building site ready for new home construction. This may include: driveway, utility installation, well drilling, stormwater systems, septic, lot clearing, retaining wall installation, foundation construction, etc.
- Collaborates with new home sales agents and the Site Development Manager to deliver a great customer experience.
Site Development Superintendent Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Five plus years’ experience in the residential construction industry; rural lot development experience is needed for this role.
- General understanding of land-use including easements, buffers, setbacks, permits, etc. is a plus.
- Past work creating and working within budgets.
- Exceptional customer service and teamwork skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills; must effectively handle multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Effective verbal and written communication abilities
- A confident, professional work style
- Experience with MS Office programs –Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Prior experience building homes is preferred.
- Reliable vehicle. Willingness to travel to job sites in WA and OR; vehicle allowance provided.
- Enthusiasm for new projects and learning opportunities.
Reference check, background check and a pre-employment drug screen are steps in our hiring process.
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed Career History Form (Application) found at the following link:
Note—for consideration, please submit a Career History Form.
- Upload your résumé and cover letter including compensation requirements.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our recruiter at: SDVS@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.