Location: Tacoma, WA
Garrette Custom Homes — a growing Pacific NW regional homebuilder– seeks a Site Superintendent/Builder with residential construction industry work experience. This position is responsible for managing the building process to meet quality, timeline and cost requirements. We are looking for a team member who is energetic, results-oriented, resourceful and organized.
This is a full-time position based in Tacoma, WA. GCH Superintendents primarily cover South Puget Sound projects ranging from Maple Valley to Silverdale.
We offer a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k) retirement savings benefits. This position is also eligible for profit sharing.
An ideal candidate enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility.
Our Company culture is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered. GCH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized. Please see our website for additional information: www.gchpugetsound.com
For more information about our Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/2sNbXsz8D8c
Superintendent Responsibilities Include:
- Exceptional customer service including effective and timely communication
- Scheduling and managing a variety of residential subcontractors and suppliers using BuildPro Portal
- Obtaining and reviewing subcontractor estimates
- Evaluating building sites for utility and development costs
- Ensuring material quality control
- Maintaining clean, orderly and safe work sites
- Coordinating finished home process
- Working with municipal officials on building inspections and jurisdictional requirements
- Day travel to various job sites in South Puget Sound (South of I-90); vehicle allowance provided.
- Delivering a high quality product– on time and on budget
- Collaborating with new home sales agents to deliver a great customer experience
Superintendent Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associates degree or applicable combination of education and work experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One to five plus years’ work experience in the residential construction industry; production building experience is preferred.
- Exceptional customer service, follow through and teamwork.
- Effective verbal and written communication abilities.
- A confident, professional and respectful work style.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; must effectively handle multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Experience with MS Office programs –Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Previous job costing experience is preferred.
- Rural lot development experience is a plus.
- Enthusiasm for learning opportunities and professional growth in the residential construction field.
- Responsible with strong work ethic, integrity and reliability.
- Initiative and creative problem-solving skills.
A reference check, background check and pre-employment drug screen are steps in our hiring process.
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed Career History Form (Online Application) found at the following link:
- Upload your résumé and cover letter.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our recruiter at: BuilderGCH@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.