Location: Tacoma, WA
Garrette Custom Homes — a growing Pacific NW regional homebuilder– seeks a skilled, professional Superintendent/Builder. Located in Tacoma, WA, this position is responsible for effectively managing the building process to meet quality, timeline and cost requirements. We are looking for a team member who is energetic, results-oriented, resourceful and organized.
Garrette Custom Homes provides a competitive total compensation package for the Superintendent position with a range of $81,000 to $118,000. This range includes base salary, bonuses, and quarterly profit sharing, subject to achieving targeted sales expectations and the terms of a written employment agreement. This position is considered an exempt role.
Garrette Custom Homes provides an extensive benefits package including:
- New Home Discount
- 120 hours of paid time off for the first year
- Company supported medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and families
- Participation in our 401(k)-retirement savings plan with company contributions
- Paid volunteer hours
- Seven paid holidays
An ideal candidate enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility.
Our Company culture is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered. GCH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized.
To learn more, please see our website: www.garrettecustomhomes.com
For more information about our Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/7TdHuIO1GKg
Superintendent Responsibilities Include:
- Exceptional customer service including effective, timely communication.
- Scheduling and managing a variety of residential subcontractors and suppliers.
- Obtaining and reviewing subcontractor estimates.
- Evaluating building sites for utility and development costs.
- Ensuring material quality control.
- Maintaining clean, orderly and safe work sites.
- Coordinating finished home process.
- Working with municipal officials on building inspections and jurisdictional requirements.
- Travel to various jobs sites within Pierce/South King Counties; vehicle allowance provided.
- Delivering a high quality product– on time and on budget.
- Collaborating with new home sales agents, customer service and others to deliver a great customer experience.
Superintendent Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associates degree or applicable combination of education and work experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three to five plus years’ plus building experience in the residential construction industry; production homebuilding experience is needed.
- Exceptional customer service and teamwork skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication abilities.
- A confident, professional work style.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; must effectively handle multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for new projects and learning opportunities.
- Experience with MS Office programs – Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Prior use of homebuilding enterprise and project management software.
- Previous job costing experience is preferred.
- Rural lot development experience is a plus.
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed Career History Form (Online Application) found at the following link: https://pacificlifestylehomes.topgradingonline.com/job_openings/superintendent-residential-construction-gch-ps-tacoma?utm_campaign=direct_links&utm_medium=job-boards&utm_source=
- Upload your résumé.
Successful completion of a reference check, pre-employment drug test and background check are steps in our hiring process.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our hiring process facilitator at: GCHBuilder@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.