Location: Tacoma, WA
Garrette Custom Homes — a growing Pacific NW regional homebuilder– seeks a skilled, professional Site Superintendent/Builder. Located in Tacoma, WA, this position is responsible for effectively managing the building process to meet quality, timeline and cost requirements. We are looking for a team member who is energetic, results-oriented, resourceful and organized.
We offer a competitive compensation package for the position of Superintendent beginning with a salary range of $75,000 – $100,000 with additional opportunities for performance-based bonuses up to $6,000 – $18,000 annually, subject to the terms of a written employment agreement and meeting performance expectations. This position is considered an exempt role. Total annual compensation is dependent on target performance and may be up to $81,000 to $118,000, subject to achieving targeted performance expectations and the terms of a written employment agreement.
This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s extensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision benefits for the employee. This position is also eligible to participate in annual profit sharing and our 401(k)-retirement savings plans with a discretionary 3% contribution. A healthy balance of wellbeing and paid time off is one of the ways we support our teammates. We provide 120 hours of paid time off for the first year and seven paid holidays annually.
An ideal candidate enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility.
Our Company culture is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered. GCH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized.
To learn more, please see our website: www.garrettecustomhomes.com
For more information about our Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/7TdHuIO1GKg
Superintendent Responsibilities Include:
- Exceptional customer service including effective, timely communication.
- Scheduling and managing a variety of residential subcontractors and suppliers.
- Obtaining and reviewing subcontractor estimates.
- Evaluating building sites for utility and development costs.
- Ensuring material quality control.
- Maintaining clean, orderly and safe work sites.
- Coordinating finished home process.
- Working with municipal officials on building inspections and jurisdictional requirements.
- Travel to various jobs sites within Pierce/South King Counties; vehicle allowance provided.
- Delivering a high quality product– on time and on budget.
- Collaborating with new home sales agents, customer service and others to deliver a great customer experience.
Superintendent Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associates degree or applicable combination of education and work experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three to five plus years’ plus building experience in the residential construction industry; production homebuilding experience is needed.
- Exceptional customer service and teamwork skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication abilities.
- A confident, professional work style.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; must effectively handle multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for new projects and learning opportunities.
- Experience with MS Office programs – Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Prior use of homebuilding enterprise and project management software.
- Previous job costing experience is preferred.
- Rural lot development experience is a plus.
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed Career History Form (Online Application) found at the following link: https://pacificlifestylehomes.topgradingonline.com/job_openings/superintendent-residential-construction-gch-ps?utm_campaign=direct_links&utm_medium=job-boards&utm_source=
- Upload your résumé.
Successful completion of a reference check, pre-employment drug test and background check are steps in our hiring process.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our hiring process facilitator at: BuilderGCH@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.