Garrette Custom Homes — a growing Pacific NW regional homebuilder– seeks a skilled, professional Site Superintendent/Builder. Located in Tacoma, WA, this position is responsible for effectively managing the building process to meet quality, timeline and cost requirements. We are looking for a team member who is energetic, results-oriented, resourceful and organized. This opportunity is available due to continued growth.
We offer a competitive compensation package including benefits; this position is eligible for profit sharing.
An ideal candidate enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values
Our Company culture is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered. GCH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized.
Please see our website for additional information: www.gchpugetsound.com
Superintendent Responsibilities Include:
- Exceptional customer service including effective, timely communication
- Scheduling and managing a variety of residential subcontractors and suppliers
- Obtaining and reviewing subcontractor estimates
- Evaluating building sites for utility and development costs
- Ensuring material quality control
- Maintaining clean, orderly and safe work sites
- Coordinating finished home process
- Working with municipal officials on building inspections and jurisdictional requirements
- Travel is required to various jobs sites within Pierce/South King counties
- Delivering a high quality product– on time and on budget
- Ability to work well with new home sales agents to deliver a great customer experience
Superintendent Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associates degree or applicable combination of education and work experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Five plus years’ experience in the residential construction industry; production building experience required
- Exceptional customer service and teamwork skills
- Effective verbal and written communication abilities
- A confident, professional work style
- Strong organizational and project management skills; must effectively handle multiple tasks with attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for new projects and learning opportunities
- Experience with MS Office programs –Word, Excel and Outlook
- Previous job costing experience is preferred
- Rural lot development experience is a plus
Reference check, background check and a pre-employment drug screen are steps in our hiring process
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed Career History Form (Application) found at the following link: https://ts.tgsnapshot.com/signup.cfm?DL=3287
Please note—to be considered, the Career History Form must be completed.
- Upload your résumé and cover letter.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our recruiter
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.