Location: Vancouver, WA
PLS Engineering is looking for the next great addition to our team! PLS is a well-respected, innovative and growing Civil Engineering/Land Use firm located in beautiful downtown Vancouver, WA. We pride ourselves on working collaboratively to provide our clients with the highest quality of service. Our work environment is fast-paced, client-focused and fun!
A PLS Survey Technician is responsible for preparing a variety of survey documents including subdivision plats, exhibits, boundary surveys and record of surveys using field data provided by survey crews, project managers and engineers. PLS Engineering specializes in land development for public agencies and private developers. If you are an experienced surveyor who is interested in growing your career with an innovative, Pacific Northwest-based firm we would like to hear from you!
What can PLS Engineering offer you?
- A competitive compensation package; general range is $25 – $28 per hour depending on experience.
- Benefits including matching 401(k), employee medical, dental and vision (100% employer paid option).
- PTO and paid holidays; work/life balance is a priority.
- State-of-the-art technology, systems, tools and resources.
- Continuing education is encouraged and supported.
- Career growth opportunities.
- A fantastic office and location! Our office is centrally located in downtown Vancouver, WA—a short walk to restaurants, parks, coffee shops and trails.
- Work that is fast-paced and goal-oriented.
- A dynamic team that is supportive, friendly and fun. (We host BBQs, team lunches and other activities throughout the year!)
- A Company culture of giving back to the community.
What skills and experience can you bring to the PLS team?
- 2-5+ years surveying experience with boundary, topographic, industrial and construction surveys.
- Land Survey Intern (LSI) certification is preferred but not required.
- Prior work with residential development, stormwater and utilities.
- Knowledge of all phases of land surveying and map preparation including land surveying techniques.
- Past experience working with Washington State and area county land surveying regulations.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and detail oriented.
- Effective written and oral communication skills with ability to prepare accurate and professional survey documentation.
- Personal accountability for quality work while meeting project timelines.
- Responsiveness and flexibility; you adapt easily to changing priorities.
- Experience with Trimble Access and Trimble Business Center, Trimble Total stations, GNSS receivers
- and TSC3 data collectors.
- Past use of AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D.
- MS Office experience including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Who is PLS Engineering?
PLS is a rapidly growing SW Washington-based Civil Engineering/Land Use firm. We offer civil engineering, land surveying and site planning services that best meet our valued clients’ needs. We invite you to learn more about PLS Engineering by visiting: plsengineering.com
What is it like to work at PLS?
We believe in:
- Honesty and Transparency- We are open, trustworthy and truthful.
- Excellence- Our work is our art; we take pride in the quality of work provided to our clients every day.
- Client-Centered- We never forget that client satisfaction is our goal.
- Rolling Up Our Sleeves- Lending a hand, hard work and doing what it takes to get the job done.
- Continuous Improvement and Professional Development- Learning, improving, innovating and sharing knowledge.
- Creativity- Thinking “outside of the box” to deliver winning solutions.
- Community Service- Enthusiastic contributors within our community including: Clark County Food Bank, Rotary, Little League, local college scholarships, SW WA Contractors Association auctions and events.
For consideration, please e-mail your résumé to our hiring process facilitator: ST@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.