Location: Vancouver, WA
Pacific Lifestyle Homes — a growing regional homebuilder– seeks an experienced, professional Permit Coordinator. Located in Vancouver, WA, this position’s key functions are to: manage records, prepare agreements and track information to meet deadlines and ensure building processes run smoothly to fulfill Company goals and strategic plans.
An ideal candidate enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility.
Our Company culture is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered. PLH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized. To learn more, please see our website: www.pacificlifestylehomes.com
For additional information about PLH’s Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link:
This is a full-time in-office position with a competitive compensation package that includes medical, dental and vision benefits plus a 401(k) retirement savings plan. This role is also eligible for profit sharing.
- Prepare, submit and monitor permit package to jurisdictions
- Track permits, retrieve approved permits and submit supplemental information as needed
- Track truss calculations, engineering changes and floor joist changes
- Request documents “wet stamp” from engineer
- Schedule well test and submit results to Health Department
- Prepare check requests (permit fees, utility fees, city/county fees)
- Request title documents (owners deed, sales history)
- Coordinate with engineering firms to create site plans and storm water reports.
- Coordinate with the sales team on structural selections for Builder’s inventory homes.
- Review architectural house plans to ensure conformance with customer’s structural selections.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school or equivalent with applicable work experience; some college coursework or Associates degree preferred
- 2-3+ years of construction or mortgage industry experience in a permitting or transaction coordinator role is a plus but is not required
- Working knowledge of construction and permitting processes is desirable
- Knowledge of building codes, land use, storm water and land development is useful
- Responsible with strong work ethic, integrity, and reliability
- A confident and assertive yet friendly telephone demeanor is essential
- Positive contributor to team culture
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task effectively; proven accuracy and follow through
- Effective communication and project management skills; follows up as needed throughout the permitting process
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as: Excel, Word, Outlook; building software and database familiarity is ideal
- Cheerfully and adeptly handles interruptions and competing priorities; adapts accordingly based upon organizational needs
- Enjoys conducting research to gather information and identify solutions
- Demonstrates initiative and problem solving skills with a “can-do” approach
- Enthusiasm for new projects and learning opportunities
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel to municipalities as needed
- Reliable vehicle; mileage reimbursed
Reference check, background check and a pre-employment drug screen are steps in our hiring process.
For consideration, please forward:
- A completed Career History Form (Application) found at the following link: https://pacificlifestylehomes.topgradingonline.com/job_openings/permit-coordinator-vancouver-washington?utm_campaign=direct_links&utm_medium=job-boards&utm_source=permit-coordinator-2021NOTE: A complete Career History Form is needed for consideration.
- Upload your résumé and cover letter.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our hiring process facilitator at: Permit@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.